Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently have found a way to boot sysUpdater with a higher success rate. I have tested this with my N3DS 10.3.0-28U and it worked in the first try.

First, you have to use an entry point and install menuhax.

Once that is done, download the attached sysUpdater build by @julian20 and extract it. Then place 'sysUpdater.3dsx' NOT 'sysUpdater.smdh' onto the root of your 3ds sd card.

Now either back up the 'boot.3dsx' or rename it, as long as there is no longer a file with the name mentioned on your sd card. Now rename the 'sysUpdater.3dsx' that you placed on your sd card to 'boot.3dsx'.

Next, you need to create a folder called updates on the root of your sd card. You then have to download the cias that you will be using to downgrade and place them in the updates folder you created (can't help you here). Now put your sd card in your 3ds and launch via menuhax.

It should now work with a higher success rate then before.

Please comment to let me know if this worked for you.

Edit: This may also have a better chance for installing legit cias with FBI. I haven't tried this myself, so can someone confirm this? Use this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/) and do the same thing with the FBI.3dsx file. So far there have been no confirmed reports, but still feel free to try.

Edit 2: This does not work with increasing the success rate when installing legit CIA's with FBI. Oh well, it was worth the try.

Edit 3: For those who have been getting garbled red letters or just simply haven't still been able to get this to work, try downloading @TuxSH build of sysUpdate which is attached to this post.

Edit 4: I take no responsibility whatsoever if this bricks your device or anything else that may result from this.

Attachments

• sysUpdater.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 50,476
  • TuxSHsysUpdater.zip
    109.3 KB · Views: 9,178
Last edited by KobraXMW,

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it has a higher success rate by attempting the exploit early on. If anything, its quicker to keep attempting since it autolaunches the sysUpdater anyways, so it can't hurt to try.

nisemono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm this works guys! Although i had to try it for a couple of times, when it finally let me downgrade it worked like a charm

Reactions: KobraXMW

Pingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so iv bin trying to downgrade to 9.2 i keep getting this error code "titleException: main.cpp:148: Result : 0xD8e08067 Failed to get CIA file info!" please. plz help me

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried multiple different entry points? If not, try a different one.

Also, be sure you have the correct CIA package for your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body