Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
didnt work for me. o3ds usa here

got stuck with upper screen with artifacts like an old tv crt and yellow screen on below

Do i still have to put 'sysUpdater.smdh on 3ds folder? or is it not necessary at all?

Last edited by pbsk8,

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt work for me. o3ds usa here

got stuck with upper screen with artifacts like an old tv crt and yellow screen on below

Do i still have to put 'sysUpdater.smdh on 3ds folder? or is it not necessary at all?

The smdh is not necessary. All you need is the 3dsx.

soulskeeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I recently have found a way to boot sysUpdater with a higher success rate. I have tested this with my N3DS 10.3.0-28U and it worked in the first try.

First, you have to use an entry point and install menuhax.

Once that is done, download the attached sysUpdater build by @julian20 and extract it. Then place 'sysUpdater.3dsx' NOT 'sysUpdater.smdh' onto the root of your 3ds sd card.

Now either back up the 'boot.3dsx' or rename it, as long as there is no longer a file with the name mentioned on your sd card. Now rename the 'sysUpdater.3dsx' that you placed on your sd card to 'boot.3dsx'.

Next, you need to create a folder called updates on the root of your sd card. You then have to download the cias that you will be using to downgrade and place them in the updates folder you created (can't help you here). Now put your sd card in your 3ds and launch via menuhax.

It should now work with a higher success rate then before.

Please comment to let me know if this worked for you.

Edit: This may also have a better chance for installing legit cias with FBI. I haven't tried this myself, so can someone confirm this? Use this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/) and do the same thing with the FBI.3dsx file. So far there have been no confirmed reports, but still feel free to try.

Edit 2: This does not work with increasing the success rate when installing legit CIA's with FBI. Oh well, it was worth the try.

Edit 3: For those who have been getting garbled red letters or just simply haven't still been able to get this to work, try downloading @TuxSH build of sysUpdater. I attached it to this post.
OP I love you, downgraded my N3DS XL 9.5 SysNand using the TuxSH build :grog::grog::grog:

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who still need the cia's, go to that ISO site, and look for ready-to-go time traveller packages and downloads the one for the corresponding firmware. Then extract the .ttp with 7zip. What gets extracted are the files that need to be put in the updates folder on the root of your sd.

Edit: Scratch that, apparently this has caused some people bricks before.

Last edited by KobraXMW,

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This got me up to step 7 but no farther on N3ds (tux was useless for me). Before I would somewhat reliably get into sysupdater but it wouldn't attempt any steps, so at least it's a slight improvement.

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP I love you, downgraded my N3DS XL 9.5 SysNand using the TuxSH build :grog::grog::grog:
Glad I could help.
This got me up to step 7 but no farther on N3ds (tux was useless for me). Before I would somewhat reliably get into sysupdater but it wouldn't attempt any steps, so at least it's a slight improvement.
You may have to wait for the release of KTM since this isn't working for you.

OmegaGamezHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried this on my o3DS running 10.3U and when I use menuhax it just boots into a black screen and when I try it with browserhax it doesn't respond to any buttons I push :( I'd try it on my n3DS but I don't want to brick it! Would clearing history and cookies help with browserhax?

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, nobody should be using the .TTP files, they have been known to cause bricks when extracted and used with sysUpdater.
That's wierd. I did the same thing with my own n3DS and it worked like a charm, twice. I guess I got lucky or something.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally, TuxSH's build of sysUpdater would not even boot up for me. Screen would flash red then it would just stay black forever. The link posted right before it in the OP worked though, albeit i had to do it many many times to get it up. First time was good, but i had to re-update and do the downgrade again, and boy that second time took a looooong time of rebooting and retrying.

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally, TuxSH's build of sysUpdater would not even boot up for me. Screen would flash red then it would just stay black forever. The link posted right before it in the OP worked though, albeit i had to do it many many times to get it up. First time was good, but i had to re-update and do the downgrade again, and boy that second time took a looooong time of rebooting and retrying.
I'm glad my method worked for you.

Reactions: jscjml

Hellwasta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Worked for me on N3ds 10.3 after 4-5 try with Tuxsh Sysupdater. The console did not reboot automatically so i had to reboot manually and now im on 9.2 :) Thx for your post Kobra

Last edited by Hellwasta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night