Hideo Kojima discusses success of Death Stranding, says one of his recent projects was cancelled

Q83YVwt.png

Death Stranding was a success, both critically and financially, according to creator Hideo Kojima. The famous game director discussed his latest release in an interview with Livedoor, commenting on the fact that sales proved to be strong enough for Kojima Productions to make enough to recoup the development costs of the game, and to fund their next title. In terms of future projects, Kojima is still working with his team on the upcoming PC port of Death Stranding, alongside preparation for the studio's next project, which is still unannounced. That doesn't seem to be everything he's been working on lately, however, as he mentioned that he was secretly working on a "major project", but it had ended up cancelled. As for what's next for Kojima, it won't be anything involving Metal Gear or PT, apparently; when Kojima was questioned on if the rumors of him attempting to buy either IP from Konami were true, he laughed and said such rumors were a complete hoax.

:arrow: Source

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
since combat is not the central element of the game and later inthe game you even get punished for killing others, i see why this cannot be really successful in the US

i really loved it
spent over a week just building roads

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since combat is not the central element of the game and later inthe game you even get punished for killing others, i see why this cannot be really successful in the US

i really loved it
spent over a week just building roads

That's interesting that you get punished for killing others later into the game. I'm going to assume that it's a very spoiler-y reason?

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's interesting that you get punished for killing others later into the game. I'm going to assume that it's a very spoiler-y reason?

BTs + dead bodies = risk of another crater
also the baby gets sick

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...I'm going to just assume it makes more sense in the game than the Cliff Notes you gave me.

i shot someone once during a time critical mission near the end.
i reloaded my save game when i realized i just killed a guy with the wrong gun (i.e. a lethal weapon as opposed to non-lethal weapons)
the baby wouldn't stop crying and his toxicity level were rising.

sorry, but, yeah, this makes sense in the game.

you should play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.