Gaming Hide your wallets! Steam Summer Sale has begun!!

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
^yeah I waited and then saw and grabbed it, always wait for flash sales
unless its obvious its not going any cheaper (75% off already) but if its 50% then hold out

boarderlands 2 and season pass on sale for $10 each again, I might wait for the goty edition though http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/borderlands-2-goty-edition-spotted-on-steam-database/
will include everything except for player skins

gta complete collection im probably gonna pass on, for the older gta's I dont think the software controller apps will work with steam

does anyone have extra summer trading cards? looking to do 1:1
have:
football manager
prison architect
tomb raider

want:
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Dead Island Riptide
Reus

I need a Football manager and i have a spare Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, pm me if you still have it to swap.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
My purchases. There's also another $2 (technically $8.49) that should be there from spotting my friend the rest of what he needed for the Arma II pack so he could play DayZ (gifted).

3HiPb.png

So far, the only one I've invested serious time into is Torchlight II.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My purchases. There's also another $2 (technically $8.49) that should be there from spotting my friend the rest of what he needed for the Arma II pack so he could play DayZ (gifted).

3HiPb.png

So far, the only one I've invested serious time into is Torchlight II.

Did you buy Borderlands GOTY and BioShock with money you've gotten from cards?
Amazon has had BioShock 1 & 2 for $5 several times and I'm pretty sure Borderlands GOTY has been cheaper too.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you buy Borderlands GOTY and BioShock with money you've gotten from cards?
Amazon has had BioShock 1 & 2 for $5 several times and I'm pretty sure Borderlands GOTY has been cheaper too.
I bought everything on rather spur of the moment decisions. For Borderlands, I missed out on the GOTY edition being cheap on Amazon, and even then, if it was less than $7.50, it couldn't have been a substantial enough difference for me to regret my purchase. As for Bioshock, oh, Amazon had the same price at some point or another? Why should that matter?

Honestly, I prefer keeping it all tidy in Steam. As silly as it might be, it's just more convenient to not have my collection sprawled throughout many different publisher folders on my hard drive along with tons of shortcuts and the like, and instead having it all neatly kept inside folders within the Steam folder. As well, it's much faster to start games via Steam, as I just look at the list click it, and press play. Neat, tidy, perfect. I recognize that technically the use of Steam itself acts as DRM, but I don't worry about it since it's just a simple client that offers a number of functions even in-game. It's DRM that actually has more pros than cons, as odd as it may sound.

On a Steam related note, I said I wouldn't purchase more, but I caved for what is likely to be the last time this sale (since it ends tomorrow) and purchased:
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

They were $3.39 a piece (sadly, no bundle of just those two games).

I recognized that even with the Steam versions of these games, they can potentially throw bitch fits on many machines. Thankfully, the second game booted first try, worked perfectly, allowed me to change settings (its default resolution is tiny), make my character, and play through the prologue into the main game with absolutely no issues. Not a freeze. Not a crash. No game crashing glitches. I was pleasantly surprised after prowling the community forums for it during the download and seeing a lot of very recent negativity towards the game just not working on a number of computers, even with mods and patches.

With that said, I already found a couple top notch mods that will fix the game up nicely (I guess the vanilla version is pretty buggy) and add plenty of content (some of it locked away because of aforementioned bugs), with one already installed without issue, and the other waiting in my downloads folder.

I just have to hope that Knights of the Old Republic is just as agreeable. I've read a few things where people could only seem to get one game or the other working right, and I'm hoping I don't have that issue.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought everything on rather spur of the moment decisions. For Borderlands, I missed out on the GOTY edition being cheap on Amazon, and even then, if it was less than $7.50, it couldn't have been a substantial enough difference for me to regret my purchase. As for Bioshock, oh, Amazon had the same price at some point or another? Why should that matter?
Because you could of gotten both BioShock games for the same price you paid for one on steam?

Honestly, I prefer keeping it all tidy in Steam. As silly as it might be, it's just more convenient to not have my collection sprawled throughout many different publisher folders on my hard drive along with tons of shortcuts and the like, and instead having it all neatly kept inside folders within the Steam folder. As well, it's much faster to start games via Steam, as I just look at the list click it, and press play. Neat, tidy, perfect. I recognize that technically the use of Steam itself acts as DRM, but I don't worry about it since it's just a simple client that offers a number of functions even in-game. It's DRM that actually has more pros than cons, as odd as it may sound.
But I was talking about the steam version.
Amazon sells Steam games in the form of cd-keys just like humble bundle. Plenty of other sites do this, and BioShock is just one of the many games that have cd-keys for steam.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Because you could of gotten both BioShock games for the same price you paid for one on steam?

But I was talking about the steam version.
Amazon sells Steam games in the form of cd-keys just like humble bundle. Plenty of other sites do this, and BioShock is just one of the many games that have cd-keys for steam.
My computer can't run Bioshock 2 as far as I'm aware, so the investment wouldn't have mattered much. Either way, I paid $5 to play one game.

Edit: Upon looking at the requirements, I guess I could probably run it at medium settings okay, but regardless, it doesn't matter to me. Bioshock should run better than it does, but it's a touch laggy even on lower end settings (likely due to my chip set and that borrowed video memory), so I wouldn't trust my computer to really run Bioshock 2 that well.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats about it, last voting is going on now and nothing seems interesting, nothing big at the end just the same repeating sales
and for some reason the season pass for borderlands 2 is only 33% off when it should be 66%, they announced new dlc so there might be a second season pass

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Steam add me ppl nerfmeplease80

also I picked up Team Fortress free lol binding of issac for 1 dollar and Counter strike go for 5 dollars !
Untitled.jpg

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So the sale is coming to an end. At the start of the sale, I said I would wait for Saints Row 2 to go from 50% off to 75%+
After 19 days of the game being 50% off, the game finally went on sale for 75%.

Waiting sure payed! Saved $5! ($7 was 50%, $2.49 was 75%)

Reactions: Satangel

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything that I've purchased and/or received as a gift during the sale:
3IO6q.png

I now have $0.20 on my account that I can't spend without adding more money :unsure:

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The results are in:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Portal + Portal 2
Risen
Risen 2