• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,329
  • Replies 5
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
There have been a number of suggestions to delete the section entirely. The general response is to confine political discussions to a single section so they don't get posted in the general off-topic chat. Multiple members have shared screenshots explaining how to hide threads from this section.

Given how disagreeable most members find it, I suggest treating it like the EoF. Give it a dedicated tab on the "Recent Content" section of the homepage. Hide it from the "All Content" and "Threads" tabs.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do most members find it disagreeable or just a vocal few?

If most then don't know about it is it ever going to get any better (whatever that might mean)?

To that end I would strongly oppose this one. The EOF and blogs get sectioned because signal to noise but good stuff happens a lot in the politics section.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never even noticed the politics section until seeing this thread, but there are some very good points here. I don't think we want it becoming an echo chamber like most facebook and reddit groups.

Not even sure I want to check it, but it feels like a responsibility to try to inform people about what is actually going on.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just hid the politic section from my main page. By going to this link
https://gbatemp.net/new/
you should be able to edit what sections you can see on your recent content tab on the main page.
By either tabbing the three horizontal dot on the right side in mobile
76D9171D-8DB0-4AAC-A117-F02403C9AFA7.png
“Customize this page” on desktop/landscape
C88735CB-5CC4-4228-BBB2-5ECF3A54ACDA.png
You get to add the sections you don’t want to show up on your main page.
038C18DD-7A70-407A-9B61-983548968F2A.png
From there it’s just about pretending it doesn’t exist. You can also just block problem members if you really don’t want to see content from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1