Hacking Hide SOME nand channels on USB Loader GX

Fog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already used any title deleter to get rid of the weather and news. I'm trying to give a Wii to my 5 year old niece as a gift. I have the Usb Loader GX with a forwarder so the machine just comes on and goes to her games. With the parental code she won't be able to mess everything up. They watch allot of Netflix. So turning on the Nand channels so that Netflix appears is a must. Also, she needs access to the Mii creator. However, I'm still getting the USB Loader GX, and Homebrew Channel boxes. I want those gone. Any way to swing this?

Last edited by Fog,

Fog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an update, removal of the HBC and USB Loader GX forwarder channel from the main menu does work to hide them on USB Loader GX, however the functionality of pressing 1+2 is lost when exiting GameCube games. This is restored when the forwarder channel is put back. However it appears as a coverless option when Nand is enabled and there is no box art for this item. That and I don't want it showing up there. Is there a work around for hiding the forwarder yet retaining the GameCube / Nintendon't reboot 1+2 function to bring it back to USB Loader GX?

Thanks

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also hoping for a way to hide specific channels.

Currently the only way that I know of is to select "Show Favorites Only." It's the Star icon in the top left.

Before selecting "Show Favorites Only" you'd have to vote for every item that you'd want to keep. If you have a lot of items that you want to keep on the list, the voting process can be tedious, but it works.

Last edited by portugeek,

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create a new category and call it "Hidden" then put those in that category, then go to the Category icon in the top bar and change "All" to X and your Hidden category to X.

That should show you everything except the ones marked as hidden.
Genius!!! That's awesome!

I always used the check mark to show.. and blank to not show. So what exactly is the "X" doing?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
depends on the mode you are using for "All".
the category menu has an advanced option to allow the user to select very few check boxes by "doing the contrary".
if you want to hide only ONE category from a list of 500, instead of selecting the games you want to see (marking [√] 498 times) you can select the games you don't want to see (only one [X] !)

• if ALL has a [X], it's exclusive mode.
it displays ALL games, except the ones with the category marked as [X] (forbidden).
this mode has no effect on the [√] (enabled) and on the [+] (required) categories.

• if ALL has [ ] no mark, it's inclusive mode.
it displays ONLY the games containing the categories marked as [√] (enabled) check mark, but not the games containing the categories marked as [X] (forbidden) mark.
In the same spirit of not marking 498 games manually, there's a way to easily forbid a lot of categories at onces (instead of marking X to all categories you don't want), it can also not display the games not containing a category set as [+] (required).
if there are mixed [+] and [√], only the [+] are processed. (too much work and cpu process to do both)

• if ALL has the [√] check mark, it displays ALL games (bypass any category filtering, to allow the user to find and manage all game's category easily)
(note: you can't unset ALL from the individual game category menu, or it will defeat the "display ALL" purpose)

Full tutorial here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-778#post-4251265

Reactions: portugeek

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I created that hidden category and put X in "all" and "hidden" which worked. However I want the Mii Channel from REAL NAND to appear but not the one from the EMUNAND since it's pointless for me but their categories seem to be connected. Everytime I make the real one visible, the emu one appears as well. Is there a solution for this?
Mii Channel is the only from all my real channels that I want there.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete Mii Channel from your Emunand. To make sure you are deleting the right one, go to the 4th icon on the top and uncheck everything except emunand. This will only display what's on your emunand. Then go to MiiChannel, select it and click on settings. Go to the second page and you can uninstall it. So now you should only have 1 version of Mii Channel in USB Loader GX and it will be the one on your real nand.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Delete Mii Channel from your Emunand. To make sure you are deleting the right one, go to the 4th icon on the top and uncheck everything except emunand. This will only display what's on your emunand. Then go to MiiChannel, select it and click on settings. Go to the second page and you can uninstall it. So now you should only have 1 version of Mii Channel in USB Loader GX and it will be the one on your real nand.
Haha right. Don't know why I haven't figured that out by myself. Perfect. :)

Reactions: Clutz450

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The loader works on a titleID basis to filter games, so it can't hide and display the same title but from different origin (real/emu NAND channels, SD/USB for gamecube games, etc.)
It's also why you can't have the same titleID for different games (for example with game mods). If you have the same game on SD and USB for gamecube ISO, only the first loaded one is kept.

just a quick note :
The loader can't delete a channel on real NAND ;)
There's no Wad or Title manager for real NAND.
if you see the "delete" option, it will only delete the one on EmuNAND.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The loader works on a titleID basis to filter games, so it can't hide and display the same title but from different origin (real/emu NAND channels, SD/USB for gamecube games, etc.)
It's also why you can't have the same titleID for different games (for example with game mods). If you have the same game on SD and USB for gamecube ISO, only the first loaded one is kept.

just a quick note :
The loader can't delete a channel on real NAND ;)
There's no Wad or Title manager for real NAND.
if you see the "delete" option, it will only delete the one on EmuNAND.
Yep thanks, got it. Appreciate your explanation as usual. :) Thanks to Clutz450 and you my vWii is now set up perfectly with USB Loader GX and neek.

Reactions: Clutz450

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays...