Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW:
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Data Management
3. Hold the D-Pad Down For a Sec
4. Hold + and - (I did it while holding D-Pad Down)
5. Change Setting.

I'd do this if you are having problems with your HDD, looking for a bit faster load times and whatever else. Uses more power, but hey, it's worth it.

VIDEO HERE

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TFW You think your short video demo guide thing would flop but turns out to be really helpful

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ahh that's nice to have.

Why didn't they put this in an honest setting though? Is there any chance of harm in doing this, or is Papa Iwata at it again?
I assume it has something to do with the HDD not going to sleep mode and having a risk of it overheating, or whatever.

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did people find about this? is writed on the manual or some place?

Some guy linked a gaf thread in the Hombrew thread so i made the video about it this morning. I couldnt get HD video cuz the settings are gamepad only
This just makes me wonder what other Hidden settings there may be ?

EXACTLY!
Sounds like it came from a Ninty suppprt email to me.

No idea, was just on a gaf thread. Im not claiming to be the one who figured it out, just the guy who made the video

Reactions: Margen67

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Some guy linked a gaf thread in the Hombrew thread so i made the video about it this morning. I couldnt get HD video cuz the settings are gamepad only

no, you didn't understand what i meant... i meant, how did the first person learned about this trick? did that person was randomly pushing buttons?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That's really cool, I never knew about this option, thanks :) Works well with a 128GBPNYElite SD Card with 3.0 Reader attached to the back port.

Edit: Does it actually make any difference turning the option off?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW:
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Data Management
3. Hold the D-Pad Down For a Sec
4. Hold + and - (I did it while holding D-Pad Down)
5. Change Setting.

I'd do this if you are having problems with your HDD, looking for a bit faster load times and whatever else. Uses more power, but hey, it's worth it.

VIDEO HERE

Nice! Most likely this is a trouble shooting setting that Ninty tech/customer support uses with customers having hdd issues. The person who originally found this probably found out straight from Nintendo trying to figure out why their hdd didn't work properly. Then they released it to the masses lol

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Great feature but again, it's dumb that Nintendo kept it hidden from its customers and even if there's a risk then display "Are you sure you want to apply this setting? Yes or No" w/the info! It couldn't be more clear.

Now I wonder what other hidden settings Nintendo's planted on the Wii U. I'd love if there was a setting to make the damn tablet optional from entering the System Settings. Hell, with the Wii U Pro Controller and Wiimote there's no reason to force the tablet upon its customers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho