Hacking Hi so I'm new to the scene and wanted to know if I'm missing anything?

Rul3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I'm new to Switch Modding and I have Atmosphere set up along with a few Super Smash Brothers. mods! I wanted to know; is there anything else I should set up / look into when it comes to modding to keep myself as safe as possible or low risk of any issues? I just have Smash Ultimate cosmetic mods, I have not updated to 13.1 yet as I know to not update until it's released for us to download from the Firmware website. What else is there to know? I played Smash Ultimate online with my awesome outfit mod and there seemed to be 0 issue, so I am sure I'll be fine on that front.

Rul3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would 100% look into getting some emulators, you'd be surprised what the switch can run (3ds games)

Also take a long look around the homebrew store, ton of great stuffs there. https://github.com/fortheusers/hb-appstore/releases

And please, PLEASE be careful online. getting banned SUCKS

I am using mods that are deemed wifi safe on my smash Brothers, usually just color mods! Is it usually just looking for "not wifi safe" mods? And thank you! I'll be checking out the Home brew store!

Reactions: KoopiiYT

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using mods that are deemed wifi safe on my smash Brothers, usually just color mods! Is it usually just looking for "not wifi safe" mods? And thank you! I'll be checking out the Home brew store!
Those won't help because those are deemed "safe" by the community but its not the community who bans you, its Nintendo and Nintendo will never tell us what is safe. Hacking is always a risk you should accept.

Reactions: bazamuffin

Vexzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I'm new to Switch Modding and I have Atmosphere set up along with a few Super Smash Brothers. mods! I wanted to know; is there anything else I should set up / look into when it comes to modding to keep myself as safe as possible or low risk of any issues? I just have Smash Ultimate cosmetic mods, I have not updated to 13.1 yet as I know to not update until it's released for us to download from the Firmware website. What else is there to know? I played Smash Ultimate online with my awesome outfit mod and there seemed to be 0 issue, so I am sure I'll be fine on that front.
Can you tell me how you got smash ultimate and with mods? im trying to play smash with mods online as well

Vexzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am new to switch modding as well. I have downloaded and gotten hekate running with a Emunand
if i have a game cartridge, and mods on my SD card can i run smash ultimate with mods and play online
(i do have some nsp games i've downloaded, will this be a problem? do i delete everything and start with a fresh emunand to avoid getting banned?)

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i am new to switch modding as well. I have downloaded and gotten hekate running with a Emunand
if i have a game cartridge, and mods on my SD card can i run smash ultimate with mods and play online
(i do have some nsp games i've downloaded, will this be a problem? do i delete everything and start with a fresh emunand to avoid getting banned?)
Unless you already went online with your emunand, it would be best to use the sysnand with atmosphere to go online with your cardrige, otherewise you might risk a ban.
Also keep in mind, that modding online always has a small leftover risk, even if the mods are labled as safe, so be carefull.
Another importent thing is to disable atmospheres prodinfo blanking beforehand for the sysnand, otherwise it can create many problems going forward.

Vexzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you already went online with your emunand, it would be best to use the sysnand with atmosphere to go online with your cardrige, otherewise you might risk a ban.
Also keep in mind, that modding online always has a small leftover risk, even if the mods are labled as safe, so be carefull.
Another importent thing is to disable atmospheres prodinfo blanking beforehand for the sysnand, otherwise it can create many problems going forward.
How do i disable the prod info blanking (and Thank you)

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do i disable the prod info blanking (and Thank you)
if you boot via hekate, your emunand config might have somthing like this in it:
cal0blank=1
if its not there, it could also be in atmospheres exosphere.ini file as `blank_prodinfo_emummc=0`

for your sysnand config you can force it to be disabled by adding this to your instead:
cal0blank=0

So an example Sysnand boot config for hekate could look something like this:
Code:
[Sys-cfw]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
cal0blank=0
emummc_force_disable=1
id=syscfw

elad1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I would 100% look into getting some emulators, you'd be surprised what the switch can run (3ds games)

And please, PLEASE be careful online. getting banned SUCKS

Hi,
Can you tell me about any 3ds emulator for switch? That is playable?

I tried to looking for it and didnt find,
Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay