Misc hi :P need helpcable modem to wii usb

dweirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all
the answer for the following question will help many, including me.
can i plug a modem to the wii without lan adapter?,well i managed to do it,i have a cable modem, i took 1 usb cable that matches the modem and the wii (thats how i connect it to wii) power plug for the modem and cable plug for the modem and the wall.
all the lights are active as if i connect the modem to the pc (though its not plugged to the pc,its plugged to the wii.
now i need my user name and password to connect(i have the un and password) but where should i write it? and i have my isp's DNS address, hope some 1 knows.

thank you in advance,
daniel

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry but I don't think that's possible.

as far as I understand it you can only connect wii through wireless, or LAN adapter. I've not seen any way of making a wii dial in using a usb modem, there are no settings for it.

dweirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i see... well the "connected to pc" light is on though its connected to the wii.
the modem seems to resspond but should i write my user name and password from the dialer?
if ill get wii lan adapter will i need to write un and pw?

edit: it has a ethernet port... but whats the difference ?
ohmy.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think you need a LAN adapter.

Since if you plug it to your PC it probally ask for the USB drivers, and the wii do not have those drivers.

dweirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well it didnt work but i think i will plug the lan cable to my pc(which i always do) and the usb to the wii, and connect through the pc to the internet while its connected to the wii as well.
btw i dont need drive for the modem if i connect it with the usb.

wiimii

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
buy yourself a wireless router , plug your cable modem to the router , then you can connect your pc through ethernet (rj45) or wirelessly, and then your wii through the wireless also .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users