hi :P need helpcable modem to wii usb

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by dweirdo, Dec 6, 2007.

Dec 6, 2007
  1. dweirdo
    OP

Member dweirdo GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    hi all
    the answer for the following question will help many, including me.
    can i plug a modem to the wii without lan adapter?,well i managed to do it,i have a cable modem, i took 1 usb cable that matches the modem and the wii (thats how i connect it to wii) power plug for the modem and cable plug for the modem and the wall.
    all the lights are active as if i connect the modem to the pc (though its not plugged to the pc,its plugged to the wii.
    now i need my user name and password to connect(i have the un and password) but where should i write it? and i have my isp's DNS address, hope some 1 knows.

thank you in advance,
    daniel

2. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    sorry but I don't think that's possible.

as far as I understand it you can only connect wii through wireless, or LAN adapter. I've not seen any way of making a wii dial in using a usb modem, there are no settings for it.

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Yeah... I don't think it does usb for that. Though, you might be able to buy the LAN adapter and connect an ethernet cable to the modem if it has a port.

4. dweirdo
    OP

Lithuania
    i see... well the "connected to pc" light is on though its connected to the wii.
    the modem seems to resspond but should i write my user name and password from the dialer?
    if ill get wii lan adapter will i need to write un and pw?

edit: it has a ethernet port... but whats the difference ? [​IMG]

5. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    I think you need a LAN adapter.

Since if you plug it to your PC it probally ask for the USB drivers, and the wii do not have those drivers.

6. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    try setting up the user name and password on a pc then plug back into the wii

7. dweirdo
    OP

Lithuania
    well it didnt work but i think i will plug the lan cable to my pc(which i always do) and the usb to the wii, and connect through the pc to the internet while its connected to the wii as well.
    btw i dont need drive for the modem if i connect it with the usb.

8. wiimii

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    buy yourself a wireless router , plug your cable modem to the router , then you can connect your pc through ethernet (rj45) or wirelessly, and then your wii through the wireless also .