Hi! New 'round here.

Skates

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! Long time user of hacks and stuff but never tried to contribute. Hoping to learn how to do more stuff and start messing around a bit myself. I'm in IT but on the networking side. So familiar with tech and how everything works but pretty much a noob at code and hacks and stuff. Hope to learn and help out eventually!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Skelletonike @ Skelletonike:
    The 512gb has been enough for me atm
    Gift
    In the EU we get 2 year warranty, but if we open a device the warranty gets void, so I'll just stick with getting a bigger micro sd card.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Didn't reviews say that playing games off the microSD is like pulling teeth?
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Then again I played games off of audio cassettes :tpi: /old fogey
    Gift
    didnt see any review mentioning that
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tape cassette drives omg... So exciting lol
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They where OK for stuff around 8K anything more and go get a cup of coffee and a sandwich lol
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hey, cool. I guess it was just speculation then.
    Gift
    back in middle school I used to have floppy disks with roms, good times playing sonic 2 with my classmates in the emulator.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Portal 2 and Ghostrunner lagged behind on the micro SD by about 10 to 17 seconds, though, so real-world results could vary a lot
    "
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Still, not a dealbreaker.
    Gift
    I won't die for 10 seconds :P
    Gift
    honestly expected a bigger difference tbh.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm out of the loop with new hardware thingies, and that includes transfer speeds.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I do know SD cards have some new standard, with extra pins, and they're freaky fast.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Compared to when I was last keeping up to date, that is.
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    What is this lag, it shouldn't be lag between when you press a button and the corresponding action on-screen, people make a ruckus for less than that
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What lag?
    Gift
    Veho:
    "Portal 2 and Ghostrunner lagged behind on the micro SD by about 10 to 17 seconds, though, so real-world results could vary a lot "
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's the loading time.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not a lag on button presses.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Portal 2 takes 10-17 seconds longer to load from an SD card than from the internal SSD storage.
    Gift
    I just wanted to be clear that I had ruled out the lag on button presses. I have reasonable intelligence
    Gift
  • Gift
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/NmNNP9C.mp4