Homebrew Hi is there any file browsers that let you access cartridge slot contents ...

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Move files from an r4 card to the sd card thats the in a 3ds.so i dont have to keep unscrewing the back and taking the sd card out.because of the bans ppl have getting ive switched my wifi off so i cant use ftp or freeshop.

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Move files from an r4 card to the sd card thats the in a 3ds.so i dont have to keep unscrewing the back and taking the sd card out.because of the bans ppl have getting ive switched my wifi off so i cant use ftp or freeshop.
I don't believe such a browser exists unless every file explorer has functionality like that which I'm not aware of, but my advice to you:
Just leave the back unscrewed. I think mine has been left unscrewed for the upper of 7 months now because I got tired of the same thing while doing some FE:Fates save editing, and as long as you haven't broken the back plate in some way, generally it'll stick without being screwed. Just don't drop it ;)

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's basically moving files from your SD card to the 3DS itself, when installing Luma, you usually copy the boot.firm to CTRNAND in case you want to launch Luma without having the SD card inserted, but this isn't really helpful to your problem :/

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just checked with my r4i 3DS and GodMode9, you can't access the r4's SD card because it only sees the fake NDS data (in my case, it thinks it's a copy of Narnia's the Caspian prince game).

Reactions: Quantumcat

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
use a laptop or wifi dongle on a pc.. setup an hotspot with no internet access. remove the wifi settings of your router in the 3ds, and configure only that internet-less hotspot. use the micro sd card management like before...
i think you can also use a phone for this with the 3g/4g turned off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just checked with my r4i 3DS and GodMode9, you can't access the r4's SD card because it only sees the fake NDS data (in my case, it thinks it's a copy of Narnia's the Caspian prince game).
you would need a DLDI driver for that specific card, (which is mostly available on the NDS homebrew) i once asked for something like this, people had mentioned that this couldn't be done because the 3ds arm didn't add access or blablabla

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: nitroBW

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im using a phone created a hotspot with the wifi off.the 3ds detects the fake hotspot but fails to save when the connection test is running

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So is this possible on android?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a stupid idea. If you were to put the required files to boot B9S on the micro SD card for your R4, then all you would have to do is simply switch memory cards and you can move files (using Godmode9) between the two cards by using CRTNand as temporary storage.... :grog:
Although you would need a screw driver for N3ds :unsure:
and a micro SDcard with adapter for an o3ds...

Eh, i think its a okay idea

Last edited by Stephano,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: