Hi I'm stuck on New 3DS 2.1.0 and I do have a NAND backup

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by VagrantValmar, Dec 20, 2016.

1. VagrantValmar
    OP

VagrantValmar Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Hello, I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but I was following the plailect guide, step by step, I didn't skip a single one. But when I downgraded to 2.1.0, the console turns on but gives me "An error has occurred" while loading the home menu. This happens:
    I can't access homebrew because of the error, so I don't know how to restore. I also cannot find anyone else that has had the same problem. Please help I'm panicking right now.

*The recovery mode still works but I've read it'll brick if I update.

2. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    use hourglass9 or decrypt9wip and restore 9.2 nand backup and choose "keep a9lh" if that option exists..once that's all done, your system settings should read sys9.2......... and it means all is good..do not update directly from system settings it will brick..

Last edited by owek1, Dec 20, 2016
  3. VagrantValmar
    OP

VagrantValmar Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    The problem is I wouldn't know how to get back again to hourglass or decrypt since the console is crashing before I getting to the browser for homebrew.

4. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    restart device and hold "start" button to boot into hourglass9..

prior to this you must already have created a "luma" folder on the root of your SD card, inside luma folder must be a "payloads" folder and inside payloads folder must be a Hourglass9.bin file, rename Hourglass9.bin to " start_Hourglass9.bin " , restart your 3DS and hold the "start" button and you will boot into Hourglass9

Last edited by owek1, Dec 20, 2016
  5. VagrantValmar
    OP

VagrantValmar Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Ok so problem resolved. What I did was quickly going to the sounds app and somehow didn't crash while that was on the background. Hope this helps someone else.
    Thanks for your support!

owek1 likes this.