Hacking Hi im new and need help modding

doomtrigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im new here and im new to modding i have a 4.3u wii which im going to softmod once i get my hard drive and i dont know how to make a wbfs partition on the hard drive im useing windows 7 and there was no option in disk management.
Im also going to use ModMii but would like to know what to do and install lol i want everything media player, wii games, cheat program and emulators would it be possable to have it as ntfs/wbfs? Im very new to this and i dont want to mess up and want what everyone else has lol.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
run ModMii's Wizard feature, it will do almost everything u mentioned, and answer all your questions (even about usb-loading) as u go through the wizard

afterwards, u can download a lot of "just for fun" apps from ModMii's download page 2, these include WiiMC (wii media center) and lots of emulators

doomtrigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
that was quick and i was curious i thought i needed wbfs to play wii games off the hard drive?
biggrin.gif
thank you XFlak. Also about ntsc-J games is there anything speical i need to know how to play them like xenoblade and the last story

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doomtrigger said:
biggrin.gif
that was quick and i was curious i thought i needed wbfs to play wii games off the hard drive?
biggrin.gif
thank you XFlak. Also about ntsc-J games is there anything speical i need to know how to play them like xenoblade and the last story

Nah you can run backups off of NTFS or FAT32 drives. I prefer FAT32, not sure how much NTFS support has come lately. If you go with FAT32, use Wii Game Manager to copy the games to the hard drive so it splits them in

doomtrigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill go FAT32 then. what i mean about NTSC-J games is do i need to remove the update partition? or does wii scrubber do that? im not sure what wii scrubber does besides remove garbage data

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
doomtrigger said:
Ill go FAT32 then. what i mean about NTSC-J games is do i need to remove the update partition? or does wii scrubber do that? im not sure what wii scrubber does besides remove garbage data
You can install Priiloader and use the hack to block updates from discs and such. Wii Backup Manager should remove the update partition along with the garbage data when adding it to a FAT32 drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1