Hi im new and I think I bricked my switch on the last step of hacking it

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a very good tutorial online and I was getting to the last section but then it happened at the 14:24 mark when asked to make an sd partition it failed and even though I know what to do fix it now I was to impatient at the time and instead did the other option which is sd file after it finished I went to launch and then cfw emmue and just like the 16:25 mark in the video the kosmos loader came up and I thought everything was good then the screen went black and now I cant turn it off or I believe off nor can I boot it back into rcm mode by injecting a payload like before what do I do I still have my sd card in the switch to not damage it Im worried I bricked it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about the switch, but as long as you have a NAND backup you should be fairly safe. I think some of the stuff like the NAND flasher can be started before horizon (the official os). I haven't hacked my switch, but from what I've read, you'd have to go out of your way to perm brick the system as long as you have that NAND backup. a lot of people seem to have issues though, so I don't know what's up with that.

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
remove you SD card and hold the power button down for 15+ seconds. then try to start it normally. does it boot up into original firmware?

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remove you SD card and hold the power button down for 15+ seconds. then try to start it normally. does it boot up into original firmware?
if by original firmware you mean does the switch turn on and get to the homescreen then yes I dont know how you knew but it worked what should I do now to get back to where I was and finish the cfw setup?

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did not watch the whole video but did you format your SD card to FAT32? I'm not sure if this is a new SD card or not but even brand new cards on Amazon can be fakes and it could be a issue with your SD card. You can test your card using H2test ( its a free download) to verify. or you could also run a surface test on minitool partition er depending on what format option you are using.

I would try to re-format the card and I also highly recommend using this guide

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not watch the whole video but did you format your SD card to FAT32? I'm not sure if this is a new SD card or not but even brand new cards on Amazon can be fakes and it could be a issue with your SD card. You can test your card using H2test ( its a free download) to verify. or you could also run a surface test on minitool partition er depending on what format option you are using.

I moreso meant do i have to redo every step from scratch or is there a part of the video I continue on also how do I reformat my sd card to fat32 (its not a fake I used to used it on my switch for regular games and bought it in store)

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

you have all the files already downloaded so I personally would try reformatting the card again. then putting all the files back on and re-creating the partition with tegra_rcm and creating the emummc using the sd partition option. its a bit strange to me that it would not create it from the partition you already setup- that leeds me to think it is a corruption issue or some bad write blocks on your sd card.

for reformatting you can use guiformat

Last edited by sillz,

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So all I need to do is continue where I left off at 14:24

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome