ROM Hack Question Hi i wanna ask about the rcm loader i just bought

JAVE13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i just bought a rcm loader which already have cfw inside it put in by the seller.the question is how do i put in like Edizon or other tools because i wanna update the Edizon file but idk where to change the file either in the sd card or the rcm loader? And do i need to plug in my rcm loader Everytime my switch got turned off?

Thx for the reply in Advance

Philipp_94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The RCM loader is just a more convenient way to inject a payload. You still need to have a cfw on your sd card in order to use it.
If you want to update any Homebrew, just download the newest nro release or update your Homebrew with the Homebrew store.

Reactions: JAVE13

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i just bought a rcm loader which already have cfw inside it put in by the seller.the question is how do i put in like Edizon or other tools because i wanna update the Edizon file but idk where to change the file either in the sd card or the rcm loader? And do i need to plug in my rcm loader Everytime my switch got turned off?

Thx for the reply in Advance
The only thing that should go onto the RCM loader is Hekate. Everything else should go onto your SD card. Homebrew applications go in the /switch/ folder on your SD card.

JAVE13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that should go onto the RCM loader is Hekate. Everything else should go onto your SD card. Homebrew applications go in the /switch/ folder on your SD card.

Thanks for the reply.It really helps.:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The RCM loader is just a more convenient way to inject a payload. You still need to have a cfw on your sd card in order to use it.
If you want to update any Homebrew, just download the newest nro release or update your Homebrew with the Homebrew store.

Thx for the reply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

May i ask again how do i actually update my atmosphere cfw ???

Thx in advance.

Last edited by JAVE13,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May i ask again how do i actually update my atmosphere cfw ???

Thx in advance.
I recommend the following steps for setting up or updating CFW:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Make sure your SD card is FAT32
  3. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
  5. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  6. Download these signature patches
  7. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  8. Put the SD into your Switch
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
If you are using an RCM loader, put the latest Hekate onto it, and setup Hekate to autoboot fusee-primary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol