1. Kanakops

OP Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Hey hi, I have 2 wii. And I have "hacked" both of them, the first one with letterbomb and the other one with str2hax. I have download the ios with something I don't remember on my first wii and d2x custom installer on my second.

The thing is I have lost the sd cards/usb keys I have used for both of them.

[First question]
    I want to do a backup but I don't have bootmii on both of my wii. Can I just use str2hax for installing bootmii on my wiis ? It is risky ? Because I already use exploits on both of them already and did some manipulations with priloader + d2x custom ios installer.

[Second question]
    I can reinstall the apps, it's not a problem but I know in the process of the hack both of my wii created some files on the sd cards/usb keys (wich I don't have anymore). Should I restart the entire process with letterbomb for my first wii and str2hax for my second wii?

[Third question]
    Can I use my sd card and my usb key (with the files of apps/games/configurations) for both of my wii or I will got some problem ?

thanks for the people who will read and answer

jeannotte likes this.
  2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    You can use an exploit as many times as you want, it is not risky. All it does is load the application saved to sd:/boot.elf. Presumably you still have the homebrew channel installed, in which case you don't need to use an exploit again, just save it to sd:/apps/hackmii_installer/boot.elf or something like that, then launch it from the HBC. Similarly you don't need to reinstall anything from the hackmii installer if you have done so previously, you just need to "prepare an SD card" then access bootmii the same way you always have. Alternatively, you can prepare an SD card with the "bootmii" folder by using modmii or manually downloading it from here: http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

It's safe to repeat the entire softmod process, the specific exploit you use makes no difference. I suggest you use modmii as it will ensure you have all the optimal softmods in place and honestly it sounds like you are duct taping different methods together and hoping it sticks.

You can use the same sd card and hard drive on both wii's. You just cannot restore a nand backup from one wii onto another wii (not without some serious manipulations anyways)

Last edited by XFlak, Sep 16, 2020
    Kanakops and jeannotte like this.
  3. Kanakops

OP Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Hi, thanks for the answer, I did the same manipulation again and I was able to make a backup with bootmii ! + I was also able to use my sd card for both of my wii without any problem ^_^

jeannotte and XFlak like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, couple,