Hi guys! Just wanted to chime in!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HowardC, Oct 19, 2010.

Oct 19, 2010
  1. HowardC
    OP

Member HowardC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi guys! It's been a loooong time and I just wanted to stop by. For those that don't know I made many of the VC tools still in use today. I kind of left without warning (Mainly because I got bored with the whole deal) and kind of hoped the scene would keep churning along without me. By chance I stumbled across an old orangechicken video on youtube tonight and realized that, at least at first glance, it hasn't. : (

Nobody made a better u8 tool than the crappy one I made? No new graphics injectors? What about rom injectors?

I've completely left the "scene" mostly because it's frustrating to have to jump through hoops every time you buy a new wii game so that the dash doesn't update and wipe my homebrew tools. I've been kind of waiting for things to stabalize in that dept, but sadly they never have.

Anyway, can you guys fill me in on any developments in the VC stuff? I would really appreaciate it.

Also do you guys need anything from me?

I'll be honest... it's been almost two years since I wrote most of that stuff and I'm really busy, so new code is out of the question for now, but I still have source code and notes so that stuff might be helpful to someone willing to keep going. I also might get a wild hair to finish a couple of the apps that were *almost* there. I know someone has been waiting for tg-16 injection for a looong time now. [​IMG]

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Not sure what you mean here. On-disc updates? Haven't we been Priiloading/Startpatching those things into oblivion for several years now?

3. HowardC
    OP

Member HowardC GBAtemp Fan

United States

Well VC injection wasn't popular when I made my stuff, so that itsn't new. Still there were new tools released regularly though. What I'm talking about is my u8 tool and the one by another author that preceeded it, were buggy. They glitched out in rare instances. Even with the new compression schemes, I'm pretty sure it's still U8 once you decompress it. Makes me wonder how people are managing. (u8 is used on some isos as well).

Well yes... the preloaders and such help if you don't want to update, but the thing is I always do. So that means having to wait for work-arounds ect.... hoping the wad manager will be modifed to work with the new cios ect.... It's just a hassle.

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    I think your tools are pretty good, besides that I really would need something...

Gonna shoot you a PM

5. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Really not the hassle you make it out to be, the updates are infrequent. You can just use ModMii or DOP-Mii or MMM or any number of tools to update you IOSes once every few months. Less of a pain than keeping a computer up to date, IMO. Few reasons why you'd need to update via disc/wifi.

Also, you don't have to update your cIOS that often...a lot of folks are still running r17 fine.

But yeah, welcome back!