Hacking Hi Guys got a quastion regarding update ofical formware for DS

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought muself one of them new swanky 25th limited edition Red XL's and my Acekard with my oplder version of Akaio works just fine (I've now upgraded to the latest 1.81) but its asking my in the system menu after I set up my WSP PSK wireless settings that there is an update available to use the shop, if I update will this ruin my hack??

Please help as I want to buy some games from the shop but don't want to lose the functionality of the Acekard.

Many Thanks

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
When I download then there are 2 files, what do I do with them sorry.

Much appre4ciated

Normally I'd reprimand you for not reading the readme, but I just remember the acekard staff has horribly broken english. Run "ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds" on your DSi XL

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I've worked out one is for DSL ad one for DSi which I will be using, where do I put this file on my DS to execute it, in the root memory card on the SD?

Thanks

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
OK I've worked out one is for DSL ad one for DSi which I will be using, where do I put this file on my DS to execute it, in the root memory card on the SD?

Thanks
Put it anywhere. Run it once, and delete it.

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so I effectively run it as a game which comes as DS Program, I click on it and it takes me to a blueish screen and says

Before update, please eject the card and insert it again and press B to continue.

I do this and nothing happens..

Help?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
OK so I effectively run it as a game which comes as DS Program, I click on it and it takes me to a blueish screen and says

Before update, please eject the card and insert it again and press B to continue.

I do this and nothing happens..

Help?

Give it time and make sure you follow the directions exactly. If you power off prematurely, you might break your AceKard.

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for being a spaz, I was using the DSL one instead of DSi. It is ow flashing the firmware
ohmy.gif

So after this I can now directly update via nintendo to get access to the shop?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
Sorry for being a spaz, I was using the DSL one instead of DSi. It is ow flashing the firmware
ohmy.gif

So after this I can now directly update via nintendo to get access to the shop?

Yep!
smile.gif
Make sure your Acekard shows up as Alex Rider Stormbreaker in the DSi menu before you update though.

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess this has worked as I now have a different Icon Alex Rider Stormbreaker THQ, so I guess it's worked! SO can I update from Nintendo safely now?

Many thanks for all your help, sorry for frustrating you

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
I guess this has worked as I now have a different Icon Alex Rider Stormbreaker THQ, so I guess it's worked! SO can I update from Nintendo safely now?

Many thanks for all your help, sorry for frustrating you

Yep. You're 100% good to go. Update your DS. The AceKard will still work.

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question:

What would of happened had I not spoke to you and just gone ahead and updated the new Nintendo firmware anyway? Would my Acekard be locked out completely??

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
Quick question:

What would of happened had I not spoke to you and just gone ahead and updated the new Nintendo firmware anyway? Would my Acekard be locked out completely??

Yes. You'd need to get a DS Phat or Lite or someone with an un-updated DSi and run the appropriate patch on that system.
After that, the AceKard would work on your updated DSi again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: