Hi, got a new XBOX360 slim and few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by 21Jacks, Aug 10, 2013.

1. 21Jacks
    OP

21Jacks Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Iceland
    hayush,

Recently I got a new XBOX360 slim with that Halo limited edition 320GB harddrive, and I have no experience in all this XBOX world..

Now my questions are:

Can I watch movies with subtitles (unattached to the vid) using the XBOX's movie player / Windows Media Center/ other available program?

also, everytime I turn on the console, and everytime I'm trying to play files or go online, I get the "Update Required" kind of message, saying I have to update my console in order to do so, but will I be able to hack the console after that update?

Edited: I've seen that there's an option to connect the xbox wireless controller to pc, using some adapter.. Is this adapter fine or should I buy original one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380650718844?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I literally have no idea in all this XBOX stuff... btw any additional information about this console will be very welcome.. Thanks :)

*by hacking I mean to get the option to play burned discs.. maybe hacking here means different thing.. idk

2. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    Im not sure on the video part but DinohScene might know.
    And read this, it will tell you everything you need to know about hacking the 360.

21Jacks likes this.
  3. 21Jacks
    OP

21Jacks Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Iceland
    First of all, thanks :)
    I'm reading this and Ill see what's my xbox information.. but I didn't quite understand what is my dashboard number. I have the metro dashboard, but I don't understand how to determine what number.
    I'll contact him, thanks for that

4. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    go to the settings then system setting scroll all the way down to system info and it will say the number your on

21Jacks likes this.
  5. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Mediacenter....
    I honestly don't know.
    Never tried it but feel free to do, otherwise get a film that has the subs already in it.

Yes, just update it to 16203 and get someone specialized in hacking to retrieve your DVD key.
    I suggest getting an Xkey btw.
    It's a little more expensive but it's well worth it.

nukeboy95 likes this.
  6. 21Jacks
    OP

21Jacks Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Iceland
    thanks, Ill try.

anyway, I've updated the console to 16203 but I still cant do a thing because it seems that I got to take another update.. should I update again or remain in this version and hack this one? thanks again...

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Keep on updating.
    Since it's stock, you can do what ever you want.
    DVD keys don't change, nor does the hardware.
    So you can retrieve it at any given moment.