Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The Asahi Shimbun has an interview with Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo, where he comments on a successor to the Nintendo DS. Iwata tells the paper the future handheld will be able to output high resolution graphics and have a motion sensor.

While Nintendo is developing the machine, Iwata did not set a release date. Instead, he mentioned DS sales in North America reached an all time high in 2009.
Source.

Motion sensor
ohmy.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
For the true handheld gamer, the successor to the DS has been a long time coming. When did the DS come out? 2004? Unfortunately, Nintendo has not cared about the true handheld gamer in a long time, and why would they? The casual market is killing it in this economy. All that being said, I'm not convinced I'd buy a new Nintendo handheld. I've been handheld gaming since the brick GB, but now I do nearly all of my portable gaming on my iPod touch and would see little reason in upgrading to a new DS.

We'll see, of course, when the new system is launched if my conviction weakens. I'm sure it willl and that I'll buy the system eventually, but for now, I feel Nintendo is too late to get the true gamer audience back.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already posted, try and check before posting threads in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt