hi can someone recomend me sum video converters and burning program.

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Bubbypop, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Bubbypop
    OP

Bubbypop GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    hi im trying to find a reliable video converter and burning program to back up my movie collection to dvd-r .thanks

2. Bubbypop
    OP

Bubbypop GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    Also what is the difference between cbr and vbr encoding.thanks

3. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Constant Bit Rate (CBR) remains the same throughout.

Variable Bit Rate (VBR) changes as necessary.

4. Bubbypop
    OP

Bubbypop GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    ok so whats the best one to use to convert an mp4 to .vob as ive had problems with vbr so .lol

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you want to convert them to DVD Video, best find an all-in-one program for that, so you can create a menu for them. Well, I guess you technically don't need one (not sure on that) but it would be a good idea.
    Anyway, if you can find the movies online in DVD-R format that would be the best as you would have the menus and bonus features of the original releases.

6. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Do you realize you are going backwards to what most people do? Everyone I know want to get rid of DVDs, not create new ones. Not to mention, converting to DVDs is likely to reduce quality of the source material. Why don't you buy a dedicated mini media player box like this one or this one. They're not very expensive, and work very well. You just stick your movie file (mp4, mkv, avi, etc.) on a USB stick or hard disk, and plug it in. Navigate to your file with the remote and play it. That is much faster than converting your downloaded movies. I think most BluRay players can also do the same if they have a USB port on the front. Try it out.