Hacking Hi. Backup Launcher .3 gamma HELP! (not another one)

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all.

Before I make this redundant on how many people have asked these things, I wanna say that I've checked help sections, but they still didn't state differences. Having said that...

I have done all the procedures from getting my 3.4U to 3.2U with Backup Launcher .3 gamma installed. I can surf fine through the menus on BL.3gamma. (config, Force, Ocarina etc.)

The last I know is that I had cIOS249 installed that came with the gamma package. Then I downloaded and installed new files that were released today I assume, both being Menu Patcher 1.2 and cIOS36_rev7.

I could go through the menus just fine before and after 249 and 36, but could never play a burnt game.

My questions are:
unsure.gif

1) What's the difference between the cIOS' ?
2) Do I need only one of them or can I have both?
3) Just by going on the menu of .3 gamma does that mean it's working to run on the cIOS so I don't need to change it?
4) Can I reupdate my firmware to 3.4U?
5) Does firmware versions matter which cIOS is being used?

I can't confirm the message of the error when trying to play a disc because it says something like "DVD Error no." and some other text overlapping it; making it hard to read what error it is.

HALP!!!

~Steph
moogle.gif

D

Deleted User

Stephanie said:
Hi, all.

Before I make this redundant on how many people have asked these things, I wanna say that I've checked help sections, but they still didn't state differences. Having said that...

I have done all the procedures from getting my 3.4U to 3.2U with Backup Launcher .3 gamma installed. I can surf fine through the menus on BL.3gamma. (config, Force, Ocarina etc.)

The last I know is that I had cIOS249 installed that came with the gamma package. Then I downloaded and installed new files that were released today I assume, both being Menu Patcher 1.2 and cIOS36_rev7.

I could go through the menus just fine before and after 249 and 36, but could never play a burnt game.

My questions are:
unsure.gif

There are several revisions, and different versions. But all I must say, cIOS36_rev07 is the best,
Check the above. If you are comparing Wiigator's and Wanin's, I'd say there isn't much difference
3) Just by going on the menu of .3 gamma does that mean it's working to run on the cIOS so I don't need to change it?
Not really
You can, but it'll make things worse.
Nada

I can't confirm the message of the error when trying to play a disc because it says something like "DVD Error no." and some other text overlapping it; making it hard to read what error it is.
Bad burn, I think. Use better disc on imgburn.

HALP!!!

~Steph
moogle.gif

How old are yeh? We might negotiate a...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 23
laugh.gif

So how will I know what IOS to use every time with different games? Can I just keep the cIOS36_rev07 and hope for the best?

I just want to be up-to-date on files so I know that whenever a freshly hot disc comes straight out of the burner, I'll be able to play it properly.

I mean, Backup Launcher .3 gamma is up and running but that still leaves me clueless as to whether or not it will do what it needs to when the time calls for it.

{edit} Can I still use the DVD Stub app to change IOS?

D

Deleted User

Stephanie said:
I'm 23
laugh.gif

frown.gif

So how will I know what IOS to use every time with different games? Can I just keep the cIOS36_rev07 and hope for the best?
Yeah, you would do that. And, check on the guides that will help newbies, check the gamma softchip compatibility guide.
There are a few games that need IOS Patching.

I just want to be up-to-date on files so I know that whenever a freshly hot disc comes straight out of the burner, I'll be able to play it properly.

I mean, Backup Launcher .3 gamma is up and running but that still leaves me clueless as to whether or not it will do what it needs to when the time calls for it.

{edit} Can I still use the DVD Stub app to change IOS?
DVD stub?
Nah, use IOS PAtcher or something by waninkoko.
You, hot?

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is too young?

yaynds.gif

IOS Patcher.

So I guess I'm set. I've burned a game on DVD+RW so maybe that's why it's not working.

Yeah yeah, I know, Verbatim -R. I'll get on that A-sap.

I can't find IOS Patcher anywhere. Also, does the 3.3 safe update actually make the firmware 3.3? I want to keep my 3.2, but I can't play Brawl (retail)
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

Too young? Yes, but experience? Much much more than you
laugh.gif

To keep this post from being off-topic:

1)cIOS36_rev07 installs as IOS249.
2)There ain't no cIOS249, it's cIOS36_rev07 renamed

QUOTE said:
I want to keep my 3.2, but I can't play Brawl (retail)

Requesting update, yes? Install Starfall, with skip disc update check.

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question. I have downloaded the 002fixGammaLoader1 zip file, but am unaware of what file defines the 002 fix? There is one folder that says ID1 - I have no idea what this is for.

{edit} okay, this is the last question: When opening a Wii Iso with say, MagicISO, and it says it cannot open contents or whatever, is that normal? It has the name of the disc number but shows no contents of the iso.

D

Deleted User

Stephanie said:
One more question. I have downloaded the 002fixGammaLoader1 zip file, but am unaware of what file defines the 002 fix? There is one folder that says ID1 - I have no idea what this is for.
ID1? Huh, dont know, where did you get your package from?

002 fix is a fix for a few games that has 002 protection. You might not play them, but hey, it's better than normal gamma.

{edit} okay, this is the last question: When opening a Wii Iso with say, MagicISO, and it says it cannot open contents or whatever, is that normal? It has the name of the disc number but shows no contents of the iso.
You open Wii ISOs with Trucha Signer or Wiiscrubber.
Again said, I have a hotel suite
mthrnitesmiley.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif

D

Deleted User

Stephanie said:
But I can't find the 002 fix that was supposed to be in the package that djtaz put out in some sticky thread
sleep.gif

Search 002 fix using the search function here. Get teh Gamma 002 fix

What's the name of your hotel? Is it 5 star?
Was joking
tongue.gif

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
Stephanie said:
Hi, all.

My questions are:
unsure.gif

There are several revisions, and different versions. But all I must say, cIOS36_rev07 is the best,
Check the above. If you are comparing Wiigator's and Wanin's, I'd say there isn't much difference
Not really
You can, but it'll make things worse.
Nada

Bad burn, I think. Use better disc on imgburn.

HALP!!!

~Steph
moogle.gif

How old are yeh? We might negotiate a...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

God damn you people are dateless losers, Stop trying to get lucky on the web and start dateing in real life, tho that might be a problem becuase most of you are ugly.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stephanie said:
But I can't find the 002 fix that was supposed to be in the package that djtaz put out in some sticky thread
sleep.gif

You downloaded it but didnt read it if you were using DVD+RW :

CODEEvery single new person to the scene asks about discs. Use DVD-R discs as they are most reliable. DVD re-writables dont work 90% of the time and its best to totally avoid them if u dont want headaches. DVD+R can work , but its not a guarantee and you may waste a lot of discs trying to get them working. The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives) .

The 002 fix is incorperated into the loader channel - you dont need to worry about it, its not an extra file , its all added in for your benifit.

If he has a 5 star hotel suite , can i come with you ?

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Stephanie said:
sleep.gif

You downloaded it but didnt read it if you were using DVD+RW :

CODEEvery single new person to the scene asks about discs. Use DVD-R discs as they are most reliable. DVD re-writables dont work 90% of the time and its best to totally avoid them if u dont want headaches. DVD+R can work , but its not a guarantee and you may waste a lot of discs trying to get them working. The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives) .

The 002 fix is incorperated into the loader channel - you dont need to worry about it, its not an extra file , its all added in for your benifit.

If he has a 5 star hotel suite , can i come with you ?
You can go by yourself, I'm not going
smileipb2.png

moogle.gif

I've read that some people have burned their Wii games onto +RW's and that they worked. I'm sure mine is just a bad copy and should probably try with -R.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey