ROM Hack HG/SS (U) patch to prevent freezing and other issues?

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the original roms for HG/SS have some APP which appears to be random freezes at anytime and blackouts when walking into or out a room. I've searched for a while for a patch to prevent this but I've found nothing. I'm sure someone here has something and would be kind enough to supply me with it.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Seriously. I reccomend getting a new cart. AT LEAST get a acekard2 as it is the cheapest cart that is updated. All these patches for the game don't work 100%

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
fgghjjkll said:
Seriously. I reccomend getting a new cart. AT LEAST get a acekard2 as it is the cheapest cart that is updated. All these patches for the game don't work 100%
wat

That patch DOES fix the game 100%.

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:

What...I've got an acekard2i which is fairly new at that. I don't have any problems with the thing. The reason it freezes is because of APP not the card

Mikau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one2many said:
fgghjjkll said:

What...I've got an acekard2i which is fairly new at that. I don't have any problems with the thing. The reason it freezes is because of APP not the card
Acekard2i was one of the only ones, if not THE only ones, that would actually run HG/SS perfectly. I don't see how AP would cause freezing on your Acekard.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.Darky said:
fgghjjkll said:
wat

Who cares; it was still good advice. Nobody should still be using an R4, and this latest Pokemon fiasco really pissed a lot of people off, having to read all those R4 "OMFG is there a patch yet" posts.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
TM2-Megatron said:
Who cares; it was still good advice. Nobody should still be using an R4, and this latest Pokemon fiasco really pissed a lot of people off, having to read all those R4 "OMFG is there a patch yet" posts.
LMAO

Why are you implying I thought his idea wasn't good? Of course it is. I was just merely proving his statement about the patch wrong.

Lrn2read

Aegis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
.Darky said:
fgghjjkll said:
wat

Nah, I'll stick with my original R4DS.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.Darky said:
TM2-Megatron said:
LMAO

Why are you implying I thought his idea wasn't good? Of course it is. I was just merely proving his statement about the patch wrong.

Lrn2read

My post didn't imply that. All I said was "Who cares?" (if there's a working patch). And then went on to say that the fact there's a working patch changes nothing; the R4 is outdated, and useless. and everyone's tired of hearing about it. If anything, we should lie and tell people there is no patch, so they'll go out and get rid of it anyway
hate2.gif

QUOTE(Aegis @ Mar 31 2010, 06:56 PM)
Nah, I'll stick with my original R4DS.

Yeah, why not go buy a Model T while you're at it, or an old Sopwith Camel instead of a nice Learjet. Have you not seen the images posted here during the Pokemon epoch? The R4DS is now the exclusive domain of trolls.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
Yeah, why not go buy a Model T while you're at it, or an old Sopwith Camel instead of a nice Learjet. Have you not seen the images posted here during the Pokemon epoch? The R4DS is now the exclusive domain of trolls.
The fact that R4 is outdated is not the problem.
The problem is that games aren't cracked by the scene groups who release them. Instead, everyone relies on cart devs to release firmware updates to fix the issues. No firmware update = no fix. Until someone actually cracks the game, that is.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Miser said:

everyone relies on cart devs to release firmware updates to fix the issues. No firmware update = no fix.
That's exactly the reason why the R4 IS outdated.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Mikau said:
one2many said:
fgghjjkll said:

Acekard2i was one of the only ones, if not THE only ones, that would actually run HG/SS perfectly. I don't see how AP would cause freezing on your Acekard.

Yeah, the AP has been cracked on AceKards since HG/SS were released thanks to AKAIO. Are you running the latest AKAIO? If not, you should really get AKAIO 1.6RC2. AKAIO beats the crap out of the offic. firmware, and the AceKard team actually recommend it over their own firmware!

Also, patching roms is really, really silly. A good cart should never require patched roms.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Miser said:

everyone relies on cart devs to release firmware updates to fix the issues. No firmware update = no fix.
That's exactly the reason why the R4 IS outdated.
What I meant was that the R4 is not the problem. The problem is that the scene considers a 1:1 dump to be a proper release. Doesn't matter if it actually works or not.
Just look at the PC scene, they require working releases, with cracks included. That's how it should be in the NDS scene aswell now that pretty much every game has an AP protection.

QUOTE(fearofshorts @ Apr 1 2010, 03:37 AM)
Also, patching roms is really, really silly. A good cart should never require patched roms.
Having to wait for a firmware update every time a new game is released is even more silly. So is buying new carts whenever they stop supporting the old ones.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jwcgator said:
The reason why I keep my r4 and don't buy a new flashcart is the same reason I don't buy a slightly upgraded new car.

That makes no sense. We're not talking about a $30,000 purchase here.... we're talking about flashcarts under $20, in the case of the Acekard.

And, eventually everyone has to buy a new car... or run the risk of their current one coming to pieces around them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The arcade version is so fun but the ports yikes lol