ROM Hack HG/SS on NO$GBA?

R1kk1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

So I've been trying to set this up, and have so far managed to find the code that allows you to actually get into the game.

However, people have been saying that they can play it on the NO$ without the game freezing after 24 events. How are they doing this? I'm pretty sure I read about it in one of the larger discussion threads, but it's been lost to a sea of spam.

If anyone could help me out, that would be fantastic.

Thanks

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's an AP code, and somewhere in the 120+ pages thread there has been a full explanation.
Something to do with gba compatible mode.
But yes it does work 100% on no$gba. I just refuse to play handheld games on my pc, so I'm not gonna look into all the pages to find your answer sorry xD

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since this works i'm going to try it out on my pc first
but how does it work exactly?
I got the newest NO$GBA emulator, and i opened my soul silver .nds file.
Opens up fine, but it didnt recognize my save game?
Although my .sav file is in the same folder, how do I load it?

and the code up there, I have to put it in cheats right? Do i check the "RAW" or not?
and is it Code Breaker DS or Action Replay DS?

sorry.. noob questions..

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ambitous21 said:
So since this works i'm going to try it out on my pc first
but how does it work exactly?
I got the newest NO$GBA emulator, and i opened my soul silver .nds file.
Opens up fine, but it didnt recognize my save game?
Although my .sav file is in the same folder, how do I load it?

and the code up there, I have to put it in cheats right? Do i check the "RAW" or not?
and is it Code Breaker DS or Action Replay DS?

sorry.. noob questions..
Open no$gba and hit F2. This will bring up the cheats menu. Click Add New, paste the code, check ActionReplay, & click save. Double click on the box next to the AR logo to activate the code. You have to do this on each boot up of no$gba. If you forget and get a black screen in the game, no worries just activate the code at the black screen and it will fix it without the need of resetting.

For no$gba to recognize a save, the save must be in the "BATTERY" folder. It must have the same name as the ROM. Then open up no$gba's emulation setting's, (Options --> Emulation Setup) and set the "NDS-Cartridge Backup Media" to your size.

YouWish8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just done the following:

QUOTE said:
This game works in No$GBA 2.6a + No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 + the BIOS & Firmware.bin [google search for biosnds7.rom and biosnds9.rom I found a torrent for it somewhere but I lost the link and this guide doesn't say where to get it.]. Anyway, you need to do the following:

- First, open any game (HG or SS). Go to No$GBA --> Options --> Emulation Setup (or with F11). On the Reset/Startup Entry point choose GBA Bios (Nintendo Logo) and click OK.
- Now go to No$GBA options again and click SAVE OPTIONS. This way you won't have to do it everytime you start No$GBA.
- This is very important, go to File -> Open on No$Zoomer or simply press F12. Open your game again. RESET function won't work, as you will get a rom image crash.
- Choose your game just like you would do it on a real DS.

This way the game won't freeze after the Prof. Oak talk. So far saves and runs fine, Dunno it it will freeze at some other point.

Cheers!

Edit. If you don't use No$Zoomer, you will need to use eNDryptS Advanced (google for it). Put the rom file in the same dir as the program and run it. Choose the first option. Now you can run the game with No$GBA 2.6a using the steps above (otherwise the rom image will crash). This is not required if you use No$Zoomer, but it still works anyway.

So far I've been able to do 40+ events without a crash, also no blackscreen on startup or AR codes used, ocassional graphic mess ups but just reentering a building usually fixes it (i remeber it also happening sometimes on the JAP rom, need a save file for after the 3rd gym in soul silver to test it more , if anyone can provide ?

@ambitous the save files for No$gba are in the BATTERY folder, and the codes you make action replay and make sure you tick the box after entering it.

EDIT: tested with 3rd gym save file, went in and out of a building around 100 times, no crash, so looking like this method works, anyone else wish to test ?

Edit2: Tested Desmume with 3 save files, one with 0 badges, one with 3 and one with all badges kanto and johto, caused upwards of 100 events not a single crash, no extras added, plus being able to save state makes it viable even if it did crash

Dororo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I can play this game and it runs very nice. I'm playing it on no$gba, ofc. That's why i write in this thread. lol)
I can save my game, but the problem here is that I can't load my save-files.
I get the error:
'A communication error has occurred.

You will be returned to the title
screen.
Please press the A Button.'

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this error?
I'm so thankful for every answere i get.

flatoutvincent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marine520 said:
dude i used the codes and it still randomly freezes with no$gba

that code fixes the black screen issues not the freezes or the crashes there's not a fix yet for those. there's many topics about this already

ashley_riot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YouWish8 said:
I've just done the following:

QUOTE said:
This game works in No$GBA 2.6a + No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 + the BIOS & Firmware.bin [google search for biosnds7.rom and biosnds9.rom I found a torrent for it somewhere but I lost the link and this guide doesn't say where to get it.]. Anyway, you need to do the following:

- First, open any game (HG or SS). Go to No$GBA --> Options --> Emulation Setup (or with F11). On the Reset/Startup Entry point choose GBA Bios (Nintendo Logo) and click OK.
- Now go to No$GBA options again and click SAVE OPTIONS. This way you won't have to do it everytime you start No$GBA.
- This is very important, go to File -> Open on No$Zoomer or simply press F12. Open your game again. RESET function won't work, as you will get a rom image crash.
- Choose your game just like you would do it on a real DS.

This way the game won't freeze after the Prof. Oak talk. So far saves and runs fine, Dunno it it will freeze at some other point.

Cheers!

Edit. If you don't use No$Zoomer, you will need to use eNDryptS Advanced (google for it). Put the rom file in the same dir as the program and run it. Choose the first option. Now you can run the game with No$GBA 2.6a using the steps above (otherwise the rom image will crash). This is not required if you use No$Zoomer, but it still works anyway.

So far I've been able to do 40+ events without a crash, also no blackscreen on startup or AR codes used, ocassional graphic mess ups but just reentering a building usually fixes it (i remeber it also happening sometimes on the JAP rom, need a save file for after the 3rd gym in soul silver to test it more , if anyone can provide ?

@ambitous the save files for No$gba are in the BATTERY folder, and the codes you make action replay and make sure you tick the box after entering it.

EDIT: tested with 3rd gym save file, went in and out of a building around 100 times, no crash, so looking like this method works, anyone else wish to test ?

Edit2: Tested Desmume with 3 save files, one with 0 badges, one with 3 and one with all badges kanto and johto, caused upwards of 100 events not a single crash, no extras added, plus being able to save state makes it viable even if it did crash

you still get crashes right? i mean you don't get them as often as every 23 events but you still get them?
and which emu seems more stable to you so far?
i just discovered nozoom and i can at least play it (without it i could make it work but only at 55 percent or so.

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
SLAPS SOMEONE REALLY HARD

Stop using my original OLD OLD CODE

Use only this one for no$: 020DE16C E1A00000

The other part was just to catch people trying to steal credit for it.

cunmeo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i hv tried this on No$gba several minutes (hours)...

my problem is i saved it, run around, save, run around save,.... and suddenly it will crash and when i reload it went back to the 1st save when i turn on the machine.

my question: each time u save the game, should you quit No$gba and turn it on again?

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
after trying all kind of stuffs to play the rom in my ds, i ended switched to the emu using my psp as control XD
anyway the code probide for chase-san works with no problems

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
for some reason, after starting out with no$ (with the black screen fix) and moving to desmume, I'm no longer getting the freezes. I guess that's good news but I miss the speed ups in no$

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wait, I thought the freezing occurs afters 24+ actions or so? So, it turned from that to 43+ events? that's a good thing, right? I've been watching my brother play hg lately, he used to have alot of freezing when he first started playing, and now he's over to that part where you encounter team rocket for the first time and he hasn't encountered a freeze, since fighting a bird keeper over by falkner's gym. does that means the freeze will be less frequent now?

on another note: we didn't enter any codes or such, I never even seen the black screen thingy.

emu he uses: no$gba 2.6v + No$zoom, not zoomer...I think the no$zoom and zoomer automatically encrpyts the rom, right? that why the rom can work without using that encrpyting program on it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there was a 2-line code that bypasses the Black Screen that you get when playing HG/SS on NO$GBA. My friend has been playing HG/SS on NO$GBA for like hour and hours - no freezes yet.

EDIT: I think it was this AR Code that bypasses the black screen:

::Black Screen Bypass Code
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi