Heya guys, regarding playing Ngc/Wii backups on the vwii (WiiU) !?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by leonmagnus99, Jan 24, 2017.

1. leonmagnus99
    OP

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    i would like to ask , which backup launcher do the majority of you people around here use ?

because as for me, i have usbloaderGX (i think that is what it is called) and this one i do not use that much, because for some reason it shows only Nand stuff and NGC games (i go to that Gamepad icon within UsbloaderGX and i tick the option to show wii games but it gives me some error when i do that).

but i prefer to always use Nintendont for NGC games because only with Nintendont i seem to have no issues getting the NGC games to fullscreen on my 55" Tv , and it looks good.

for Wii backups i use Wiiflow because ,simply because i only know about this one haha.

but i have come to some issue with it, with some specific game like even though i have under the settings of the specific game Resolution set to "Force 16:9" and yet it still wont go Fullscreen when i start the game. (and in the game i also select 16:9 under the settings of the game, but it still does not go fullscreen).

but for the few other wii games , it does goes fullscreen, is this normal with some games?
    thanks !

edit: forgot to mention i have one more backup launcher but it always freezes when i launch it, freezes on its logo trying to load its resources , USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v14 vWii Matrix / Cfg_USB_Loader_70 < i have one of these installed.

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Jan 24, 2017
  2. killmister2

killmister2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Canada
    I use USB Loader GX for Wii games located on a USB storage, and Nintendont for NGC games stored in my SD. Works flawlessly.

For your 16:9 issue, it's weird because all my NGC/Wii games are displayed in 16:9 on my Sony 54" TV without any config... I'm on a USA Wii U.

Last edited by killmister2, Jan 24, 2017
    leonmagnus99 likes this.
  3. leonmagnus99
    OP

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    hey bud, i also have a USA WiiU and well maybe you are using a different version of Usb Loader GX, could you kindly link me to the one that you are using?

my folder directory is correct i believe, it is SD:/games/NGC title [titleID] and also Wii title [titleID]

and btw. is there a way to play wii games with a controller like we can with Nintendont for NGC games ?

4. killmister2

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Canada
    Lastest USB Loader GX can be download on the official SourceForge page. That's the rev1262 for now (https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/).

Your directory for NGC seems correct. For Wii games, it has to be on a USB storage, not SD, since USB Loader GX supports USB only. The directory should be something like usb0:/wbfs/Your Game [TitleID]/TitleID.wbfs. To be sure, I used Wii Backup Manager to transfer Wii games to my vWii HDD.

I followed that guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Everything worked like a charm on first try.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  5. Redirr

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I do use USBloader GX for GameCube and Wii. Works fine.

But my HDD needs to be fat32. GC games will not displayed if its ntfs

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  6. leonmagnus99
    OP

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    nice, thank you so much !
    i have the same version of usb loader 1262, but i did not know that wii had to be on usb, wiiflow plays them fine from the sd card.

my USB/HDD is for wii u backups (installing with wupinstaller) now i am wondering if my laptop will read the HDD because i assume the WiiU has its own format.

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    No the hdd will not work on the laptop as it has been formated to the wiiu format. the laptop will give a message saying the hdd needs to be formated.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  8. leonmagnus99
    OP

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    damn, so my only option is just to keep using Wiiflow.

thankfully only one of the wii game is not going fullscreen, i will try Metroid and Mario Galaxy later on, i hope they go fullscreen.

9. killmister2

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Canada
    I use my USB HDD for Wii U games, and use a Micro-SD + USB Adapter for Wii games. Works great

leonmagnus99 likes this.