Homebrew Hey, who wants to help me troubleshoot OOT3dHAX!!?!

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using powersaves, with no prior access to homebrew. When I load the hacked save file, some text appears, then I get a black screen on top, red screen on bottom.

Have an O3DS 10.2.0-28U.

I did the ABXY delete saves first before each attempt. The .bin files I'm using are from the official yellow8 download, and the file name is POST5_U_22528_usa_9221.

I tried both card ID's, one returned the above error, the other I got the error where before getting to the title screen the game informs me my saves are corrupted and deletes them.

I seem to remember in a guide somewhere, that one save file should have the exploit, and another save file should have the payload. Is this the case? I don't know if the youtube guide I followed is 100% accurate, because what I'm getting here is save file 1 with the hax****** as Link's name, and i also seem to remember the official thread for OOT3dHax saying it should be on save file 3...

Anyone know what's up here?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, shit... Am I supposed to put Meladroit's installer on the SD first, or something? If so, should I use his bin file, too? I'm trusting this youtube video I watched less and less...

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You want the file from here: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

1. Clear all save files on OoT.
2. Clear out your Powersaves3DS folder in C:\Users\<your username>\<Powersaves folder> (back up any files you see here!)
3. Plug in your OoT into Powersaves and backup a save.
4. Find your save image from yellows8's savefile archive, copy the name of the backup save you did in the Powersaves3DS folder, then delete the file, then copy over the hacked savefile, and rename it to the file you just deleted.
5. Export the save back into the cart.
6. See if it works by launching OoT on your 3DS.

(Be sure to have a boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, shit... Am I supposed to put Meladroit's installer on the SD first, or something? If so, should I use his bin file, too? I'm trusting this youtube video I watched less and less...

No, you should only need a boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card.

D

Deleted-236924

Black screen on top and red screen on bottom screen means it got the point where it's looking for the .3dsx file, which should be boot.3dsx
If it stays stuck there, it means you don't have a boot.3dsx at the root of your SD card.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you should only need a boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card.

it means you don't have a boot.3dsx at the root of your SD card.

Thanks guys! Which package should I take the 3dsx from? I have "boot.3dsx" in the starter kit, but should I maybe use the one from the OOThax Installer (oot3dhax_installer.3dsx) and rename it boot?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same version firmware and oot3dhax installed and can confirm you are simply missing the boot.3dsx (part of the starter kit)
simply get smealum's starter kit and extract to sd

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you should only need a boot.3dsx
it's looking for the .3dsx file, which should be boot.3dsx
Use the boot.3dsx from the starter kit.
you are simply missing the boot.3dsx (part of the starter kit)

Alright, so I got the Homebrew Channel to boot.

Thank you so much, you guys. I have two more questions, and, I know that they're kind of stupid, so I appreciate all of you obliging me.

1.) What do I do now, do I use this to install a primary form of hax? I didn't plan to get this far, so I have none. What are my options? I don't have ironfall.

2.)The DS is sitting here on the Homebrew Menu, and I'm afraid something might happen if I turn it off. Is it okay to just power off at this point so I can go put another exploit on the SD card?

D

Deleted-236924

If you have oot3dhax working, you're pretty much set.
On 10.2, your only options are Cubic Ninja and Ocarina of Time 3D (and Ironfall but you don't have it.)
So... unless you decided to buy Cubic Ninja, just keep Ocarina of Time as-is.

Also it's perfectly safe to just turn it off.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this would install the homebrew channel on the 3ds, I didn't realize I had to keep the cart around. I was only renting it from gamefly! Guess I'll have to keep it. Well thanks again for everything, you guys.

I know all this information was available between numerous guides, and any of you at any point could have just told me "Search before you post", but you were all really nice, and I really feel welcome here.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool