Hacking hey so if I wanted to mutiplayer with another PSP on a PSX game...

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that at all possible for fat chance in hell?

I wanna play battle assault 2 with people SO badly to share this wonderful fighting game but like... I don't have playstation stuff, I have a softmodded wii and a PSP not interested in buying systems for 1 or 2 games you know?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to downgrade your PSPs to 5.00M33-6 and install IRShell. Even after all that, the multiplayer will be buggy and lose sync quite a bit. Honestly, you would be better off with a laptop or a tablet with a couple of bluetooth controllers. I love IRShell, but AhMan never worked out the multiplayer bugs.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to downgrade your PSPs to 5.00M33-6 and install IRShell. Even after all that, the multiplayer will be buggy and lose sync quite a bit. Honestly, you would be better off with a laptop or a tablet with a couple of bluetooth controllers. I love IRShell, but AhMan never worked out the multiplayer bugs.

hmm even i did not think of that method and i have been doing a lot of psp work for years up into 2012.

well i had the psp go as my second to last so what i use to do is sync a ps3 controller to the psp go and set it to player 2. then i connect the psp go to the video output and it feels like a real ps1! (only the psp go can pair ps3 controllers)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm even i did not think of that method and i have been doing a lot of psp work for years up into 2012.

well i had the psp go as my second to last so what i use to do is sync a ps3 controller to the psp go and set it to player 2. then i connect the psp go to the video output and it feels like a real ps1! (only the psp go can pair ps3 controllers)

I never really messed much with Gos or connecting controllers to them. Sounds like a viable alternative as the POPS emulator is a solid and accurate emulator, though with limited options.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dude thank you guys for responding so fast.

ok so heres my next bit- off topic but I need some active community to help me here I want battle assault 2 to work on my wii with wiisx or whatever emu that can do it...

GBA1 works, GBA2 doesn't and I remember having to work some crazy stuff to get GBA2 to work on my PSP.... something to do with the movies and certain levels making the emu crash- GBA1 was easy but GBA 2 has more detail and a late release PSX game right?

my question, can we get GBA 2 to work perfectly on nintendo wii? it must be possible

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest looking into RetroArch if you really want to emulate PS1 games on your Wii. It's still a bit rough, but it's more promising than WiiSX as that hasn't seen a real update in quite a while. I haven't messed with it that much myself, as I generally only use emulators when they're well essentially "complete" and better (in my opinion at least) than the original hardware. If you really want to check out WiiSX, I think Extrems compiled the latest build with newer libraries a while back on his site. Those two are your only worthwhile options on the Wii.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whatever works better- gets more updates is what I'm into man. what do you think of wii64? any other better options for nintendo 64 on the wii that still get worked on?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever works better- gets more updates is what I'm into man. what do you think of wii64? any other better options for nintendo 64 on the wii that still get worked on?

Personally, I'd recommend just injecting your N64 ROMs into VC WADs. There's guides online but if you're not comfortable with that Extrems has been working on an update for Wii64 called Not64. It just got an update recently and is supposed to perform quite a bit better, though still not perfect. If you want perfect emulation, VC is the way to go, but it doesn't have any options and takes a bit more work. Homebrew emulators have more options and are generally better, but higher end systems (like N64) still need a lot of work.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok... what about game like prefect dark/goldeneye/CBFD? rareware games used a lot of hardware power so the emulators kinda fail to emu them properly...

you mean to say that we have tech and tools that turn N64 roms into VC wads that make those games fully playable? but... how does the controller translate?

wow I'm so far behind on wii emulation of thats true.... and it sucks cause the wii hacking board is completely dead- so were talkin about this on the PSP board! lol

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injecting ROMs into VC WADs can be tricky and can cause a banner brick if you're not careful. I'm not sure how well the Rareware games run on VC or any Homebrew emulators, as the only Rareware games I ever really enjoyed are the Battletoads games. I'd recommend trying out Not64 first. If you can't get the games you want to play up to what you'd consider playable, then look into VC injecting.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm... I don't think I'd have luck trying rareware injecting into VC... I'll try Not 64 even though it seems damn dated... not as much as wii64 though :P

regarding retroarch wii... very cool concept emu muti platform support... can't seem to get the Playstation.dol core to be detected by the program :( I though that dol with the rest of the dols (cores?) and when I boot it up, and select "detect core" it can't seem to see it! the hell man, what do I do here to get the core to be detected?

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah! just checked it out. its not perfect but miles ahead of wii64. perfect dark runs decently despite the trip sound glitches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.