Homebrew Hey people, need a bit of your help!

Kosta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
(Don't know if this is the right place to post this, I'm sorry!)

So hello everyone!
I'm new to this site, but not new to some 3ds hacking!

So my problem is:

I have a hacked 3ds, firmware 10.7.0-32e, with homebrew menu, with browserhax, have NASA, and basically that's all I have, and all I needed to this point!

I want to know how to play regular CIA's. I know that with my 3ds now, as its configured, i can play Legit CIA's, and that worked like a charm for me! Played Pokemon OR, played Fire Emblem and such with no problems!

Now, from what i know, i need to downgrade my 3ds (don't know how) to be able to hack it some more, so that it can run regular CIA games!

Can someone please help me with this problem? I looked everywhere, google, forums, all that stuff, and I found out one thing - that I'm a huge noob still! I can't quite understand all the technical stuff, and the more i read, the more i get confused! So please people! You're my only hope! :D

I would really appreciate your help in any form!

Thanks! :)

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Don't know if this is the right place to post this, I'm sorry!)

So hello everyone!
I'm new to this site, but not new to some 3ds hacking!

So my problem is:

I have a hacked 3ds, firmware 10.7.0-32e, with homebrew menu, with browserhax, have NASA, and basically that's all I have, and all I needed to this point!

I want to know how to play regular CIA's. I know that with my 3ds now, as its configured, i can play Legit CIA's, and that worked like a charm for me! Played Pokemon OR, played Fire Emblem and such with no problems!

Now, from what i know, i need to downgrade my 3ds (don't know how) to be able to hack it some more, so that it can run regular CIA games!

Can someone please help me with this problem? I looked everywhere, google, forums, all that stuff, and I found out one thing - that I'm a huge noob still! I can't quite understand all the technical stuff, and the more i read, the more i get confused! So please people! You're my only hope! :D

I would really appreciate your help in any form!

Thanks! :)
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade
Start there, and go all the way through. When done, you'll have arm9loaderhax, the ultimate 3DS hack, that runs at boot time.
If you need any help, just ask :)

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
What you want is to hack your 3DS to be able to install CIAs right? Then I recommend downgrading and installing arm9loaderhax (basically it will let you keep your ds on the latest firmware but still run Homebrew and able to install custom CIAs as well as normal ones and it will also make your 3DS region free, meaning you can play games from other regions)
You can follow Plailect's guide, it's the best and the most complete one I've seen, and it's also updated

Since you are still on 10.7 and not on 11 you can start from this step, aka downgrading from 9.3-10.7 to 9.2
Just click on one of the links based on which hack you use
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)

And let me know if you need any further help, I've successfully installed arm9loaderhax in 2 New 3DS :) (one using the older method and one using the newer one)

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Kosta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, just wanted you to know the hacking worked like a charm! :D Thanks again!
I updated to the newest software, everything is fine!
Just wanted to know,can i safely update games i have as CIAs? Like Smash? It says a new system update should be downloaded before the game can be updated! Is it safe? And also, are the games online ready?

Reactions: VincentBeasley

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, just wanted you to know the hacking worked like a charm! :D Thanks again!
I updated to the newest software, everything is fine!
Just wanted to know,can i safely update games i have as CIAs? Like Smash? It says a new system update should be downloaded before the game can be updated! Is it safe? And also, are the games online ready?
CIA files are completely safe to play online. They're also safe to update.
However, last night 11.1 came out. I would wait a little before updating so that more people with hardmods can confirm it's safe :unsure:
Welcome to GBATemp, by the way! Don't forget to write an introduction ;)

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to take the risk on my own system. I wish I could buy someone who knows what they're doing a few beers to do it for me!

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to take the risk on my own system. I wish I could buy someone who knows what they're doing a few beers to do it for me!
It's really not that difficult. I was scared at first too. Then I read the guide "cover to cover" shall we say and I was like... "Oh, that's not so bad" lol Did my o3DS XL and New 3DS XL in the same day and I plan to do my new standard "New" 3DS from Japan! =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2