Hey im new here and i have a question.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by starfox223, Dec 29, 2008.

Dec 29, 2008
  1. starfox223
    OP

Newcomer starfox223 Member

United States
    I have a genuine R4 and since it is now a dead cart, I've been using the YSmenu firmware based off the ttds firmware. I don't know for how long that will hold though. I've been thinking of getting a acekard2i since i will be buying the dsi in the future and want a flashcart that i know will work for it.
    So to cut to the chase i was wondering if this place is a legit seller of the acekard2i.

http://www.depot888.com/newgeneration-acek...port-p-683.html

I've done some research and this is the lowest price I've seen. What worries me though is that, on themott.com and mogglex.com the cart is at 69.99
    and i have been suspicious of this possibly being a clone. Although i know acekard2i is relatively new. And i have heard that this cart isn't shipped with the
    usb reader anymore.

Any information about this seller will be appreciated much.

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section.

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    here is an extreme deal on th AK2i. a little over 10$

cheaper than the link you have, and they are a legit site for sure.

Shipping is a bit slow, though (@ 2 weeks or so)

3. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Its amazing the price gouging that flash cart sites other than dealextreme partake in.....

500% markup and more.

4. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Actually the ak2i is $21.24.

The regular ak2 is $11.70 with USB card reader, or $10.92 without the reader.

Amazing prices all around though.

I ordered an ak2 and am waiting for supplies to come in. The ak2i is in stock now, and I'm wondering if I should cancel my ak2 and upgrade to the ak2i? I plan to get a DSi someday when they launch in NA, but by then there may be much better DSi flash carts, so I figured I'd play with the cheap ak2 and get a new DSi compatible cart in the future when I actually have a DSi.

Does that make sense?

5. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    From my own perspective I don't think getting an AK2i is really worth it at this point. My points are:

1) The NSi release outside of Japan isn't for several months. Generally speaking prices are going down not up for these things so you're paying a premium for no reason.
    2) It's entirely possible that the NDSi cart market will change dramatically. It's not entirely clear how hackable the NDSi is, or if Nintendo intends to go into a firmware war with hackers as they have with the Wii. You may end up having to rebuy an Acekard 3i or whatever [​IMG]
    3) The NDSi is not replacing the NDS. So unless you're really into the mini-cameras, the lower battery life, and spending money on the NDSi Store, why even bother getting an NDSi?

One thing I do wonder is whether developers will be eager to create NDSi only cartridge games, or if they'll be safer and stick to the NDSi store.

6. starfox223
    OP

Newcomer starfox223 Member

United States
    Its true about the firmware updates. Thats why I'm a bit iffy about getting it. But at least it will work on
    the regular DS. Its hightime for me to replace my r4.

The upside to this is that maybe the dsware games can be download just as wiiware wads are.

7. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    haha, that's exactly what they said about the NDS for the GBA but look at it now. If people don't see this a mile away I don't know how gullible some people are. They obviously say it isn't replacing it so people will still buy the DS lites and nintendo's sales stay decent here in the states until they can launch the DSi here and completely wipe the DS off the market, just like the GBA.

8. VatoLoco

United States
    @ CoconutCake, you misunderstood my post.

10$ cheaper than the price at the other link is what I meant.

9. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK, no problem!

They do have great prices. I think I'll stick with my AK2 order, and wait until I actually own a DSi someday to get a flash card for it. Who knows what may change by then.

10. VatoLoco

United States
    [​IMG] I've got 3 ak2's and a new 3in1 on the way from DX myself. Now comes the 'waiting game'.

11. novemberend

Newcomer novemberend Member

China
    I think depot888.com is a good seller. Their price and delivery time are acceptable. The email sales service is very quick and helpful!