Hacking Hey guys what should I put in my M3 Simply review?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3 Simply as well, but my saves are corrupted on load. Can I send you my original .dat from M3, and then you convert it and try it with EBA and test if the replays work fine?
smile.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I instead just transfer over what I converted? I was wondering if it was a conversion problem on my side, but it may not be. Maybe just a micro sd card problem... although I've tried two different cards, and reconverting the saves several times.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the GBA / NDS Linkage function work? I know it would defintely require a patched .nds rom.

Which emulators don't work (for now)?

How well does Moonshell work on it? ( Is Moonshell built-in?)

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the GBAÂ /Â NDS Linkage function work? I know it would defintely require a patched .nds rom.

Which emulators don't work (for now)?

How well does Moonshell work on it? ( Is Moonshell built-in?)

Moonshell is indeed built it. It's one of the 3 options on main menu even. There's the game option, moonshell, and then boot slot-2.
smile.gif
I've yet to try any emulators, although I will try NES DS in a bit. I'm unsure of NDS/GBA linkage.

Aerquos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
Drag and Drop compatibility list

Patching compatibility list: Does reset work? Trimming capabilities? How is the patcher software interface?

Single cart play? Does Download and Play work with a non-flashed DS? Does flashing improve the Download and Play compatibility? (A easy way to test single cart play if you know anyone with a DS is to go to a local retail store with DS kiosks (Best Buy, Gamestop, and Frys would work). Boot the Rom and chose the correct multiplayer options. Power on the kiosk NDS while holding down the Start and Select buttons and select download and play. Select the game and make sure it plays properly.

Homebrew support? What apps and games are compatible?

GUI? How does it compare to the Supercard (One) and how similar is it to the R4? Is it easy to operate?

MicroSD compatibility? Do certain cards work better than others?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
does multiplayer functions work properly?

unflash to unflash
flash to unflash
unflash to flash
flash to flash
I would think it only matters if the receiver is flashed or unflashed? And it's not works or doesn't work with anything, it depends on the game. The bombermans, zookeeper, puyo pop, meteos and tetris work on almost all flashcarts, new super mario bros, super mario 64 and worms only on ds-x, while yoshi touch and go and snowboard kids for example don't work with any flashcart.
I'm interested in unflash to unflash for games like nsmb and worms as these don't work in other cheap flashcarts...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, as said above, could you please test download play and other multi-player functions (online, etc)?

Also, test some troublesome roms and see if there are any slowdowns.

Also, I'm not seeing a homepage for the M3 Simply yet, which is strange seeing as some people already have it.

jokeyrhyme

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an M3 slot-2 adapter handy, could you check to see if the save game format (for both NDS and GBA) is compatible? I have so much time invested in several save games on my M3 MiniSD that it would be a shame if I couldn't just copy them over to a MicroSD card and continue.

Also, it'd be nice to have a few shots of the GUI, and your thoughts on things that desperately need fixing in the next firmware. Stuff like that. Cheers.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an M3 slot-2 adapter handy, could you check to see if the save game format (for both NDS and GBA) is compatible? I have so much time invested in several save games on my M3 MiniSD that it would be a shame if I couldn't just copy them over to a MicroSD card and continue.

Also, it'd be nice to have a few shots of the GUI, and your thoughts on things that desperately need fixing in the next firmware. Stuff like that. Cheers.

On the disc packaged with it there is a program to convert all your saves. Converts from many formats.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1