Hey guys, question about GC ISOs on the Wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard
    OP

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2014
    United States
    I've been a long time lurker here and can almost always find the answers I need on this site, but one eludes me. So a little background, I modded my Wii last August with the Letterbomb, and have been loving it. I have not "installed" anything, really. I just extract the zip of the homebrew into the root of my USB as needed. I use Configurable USB Loader and Wii Backup Manager for WBFS games so I can run it all from my thumb drive, and I noticed I would need to install Mios Dios or something to use that app for Gamecube games. My question is, is there a program like CUSBL that's specifically for Gamecube ISOs and perhaps a version of Wii Backup Manager to work with it? I just got the Wind Waker ISO and want to give it a shot, but don't want to install anything or use the WAD manager, which I could never even get to work in the first place.

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    You want to use Nintendont to run gamecube games. So much easier to use and you don't have to install extra stuff.

3. Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard
    OP

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2014
    United States
    Okay, thanks. Will give it a shot. Got it on the memory stick. Got lucky and the example folder it had on there was the exact game I wanted to play.

Edit: Tested it out, game runs great, came back here to check how to save games and figured it out, the only thing I can't figure out is how to exit without hitting the power button. The Wii remote won't connect while it's running, so I can't hit the home button.

4. chop

chop GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2010
    Pontefract
    R-Z-B-DPAD down.