Homebrew Hey guys, do I have everything I need?

• Thread starter CJT
  • Start date
  • Views 1,696
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 2

CJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey fellas, glad to be part of this great forum! I just started the wonderful journey of Homebrew, and I love it! But, I want any of you to tell me if there's anything else I need, I installed a few things I found on the web and got me started pretty well, can play GC/Wii games, this is what I have installed:

Uloader
WiiFlow
MultiModManager (added DIOS MIOS 2.8 wad/IOS36 64 v3351.wad/IOS38-64-v3867.wad)
Cios 222 installer V4
cIOS38
IOS236

I ask because I hear some of this stuff can be updated, but please forgive my ignorance in the matter and tell me if I need to install any other wad or Cios or IOS or whatever, I want to keep this baby forever, its wonderful lol!

Many thanks in advanced for the help! :)

Alcarajo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can try and do what i did. My wii was soft modded years ago and i never updated it, until a few months ago. I downloaded ModMii and it worked great. It lets you choose what type of mod you want, what loader you want and many other useful things. It downloads most of the important ios and cios so all you have to do is copy all that to your sd card and read the tutorial that modmii also downloads for you.

Also.. Welcome. Nice to see another Puerto Rican here.

Reactions: CJT

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas, glad to be part of this great forum! I just started the wonderful journey of Homebrew, and I love it! But, I want any of you to tell me if there's anything else I need, I installed a few things I found on the web and got me started pretty well, can play GC/Wii games, this is what I have installed:

Uloader
WiiFlow
MultiModManager (added DIOS MIOS 2.8 wad/IOS36 64 v3351.wad/IOS38-64-v3867.wad)
Cios 222 installer V4
cIOS38
IOS236

I ask because I hear some of this stuff can be updated, but please forgive my ignorance in the matter and tell me if I need to install any other wad or Cios or IOS or whatever, I want to keep this baby forever, its wonderful lol!

Many thanks in advanced for the help! :)
You should install IOS249 base [56] with d2x cios installer

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used modmii to softmod my Wii, and this helped me a lot, I was quite confused with those ''cIOS and backup stuff'' months ago

With modmii, I installed the basic:

Multi-Mod-Manager (to install the wads)
cIOS 236 (i think is the best cIOS to install wads)
Priiloader 0.7 (Brick protection) installed with cIOS236
cIOS d2x v8 249 base 56 (run most wii backups)
a USB Loader (Wiiflow, USB Loader GX or CFG Usb loader-mod)

and Dios Mios 2.10 a part (To run GC backups) installed with cIOS 236

after the softmod, open priiloader and enabled 3 hacks:
- Block Online updates (avoid accidental update by internet)
- Block Disc Updates (avoid accidental update by retail discs)
- Remove Nocopy save file protection (allows you to backup saves for certain games to the SD card, which usually are the ones that have online multiplayer and not allow you to make a backup)

I also installed cIOS d2x v8 250 base 57, cIOS 222 and 223, but i never used these
modmii also leaves as optional cIOS 202 and 224, but these i not installed because they seem to have no utility for me, at least all the games I tested ran perfectly only with cIOS 249

but I've heard that cIOS 202 increases performance for WiiXplorer, sometimes i consider installing it, because when i want to move some files from my sd to my hdd it's so slow

CJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys for sharing some of this information, I shall install some of the stuff you guys suggested, I shall leave input on this thread about my results, thanks!

CJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can try and do what i did. My wii was soft modded years ago and i never updated it, until a few months ago. I downloaded ModMii and it worked great. It lets you choose what type of mod you want, what loader you want and many other useful things. It downloads most of the important ios and cios so all you have to do is copy all that to your sd card and read the tutorial that modmii also downloads for you.

Also.. Welcome. Nice to see another Puerto Rican here.

Hey nice to see a brother from another mother around this place, I guess we are everywhere don't we lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr