Gaming hey guys did anyone ever played maplestory?

shajal

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
87
Trophies
0
XP
36
Country
United States
hey people did u ever played maple story i did. its a fun game. u play it online and u can chat with friends a all sorts of stuff like that its awesome. i have a Dragon knight, priest and a hermit,
 

ScipioAfricanus

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
47
Trophies
0
XP
93
Country
I play this game called dofus, they are making a new/different follow up to it called wakfu. Wakfu is still in development though, it's currently in beta but only open to a select few.


try it out and see.

www.dofus.com

www.wakfu.com
 

SavageWaffle

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,123
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
New York
Website
Visit site
XP
218
Country
United States
Yes, but it was taking over my life, so i quit. Was pretty hard giving up a Lv.84 Hermit, which i spent most of my life on. But now i go outside and play baseball.
 

ScipioAfricanus

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
47
Trophies
0
XP
93
Country
does the thing with MMOs, you could spend a good part of 2 years of your life which you will never get back playing the damn thing, then an update comes your character gets nerfed your build is now useless.

can't say i have tried maple story, dont think i made this clear in my first post. It just doesn't appeal to me, i actaully say an ad for it once telling people not to got to school and play maplestory, now thats just not right.
 

shajal

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
87
Trophies
0
XP
36
Country
United States
yeah i know it was very addicted and very retarded but now i go and play sports and stuff like that. now there is a lot of private servers and stuff its fun to play on those. my dragon knight dot banned becuase my friend was hacking that hurt a lot. did any one go banned ever in maple for no reason or some reason?
 

SavageWaffle

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,123
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
New York
Website
Visit site
XP
218
Country
United States
shajal said:
yeah i know it was very addicted and very retarded but now i go and play sports and stuff like that. now there is a lot of private servers and stuff its fun to play on those. my dragon knight dot banned becuase my friend was hacking that hurt a lot. did any one go banned ever in maple for no reason or some reason?


I got banned for "harassment". Friends thought it was funny.
 

shajal

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
87
Trophies
0
XP
36
Country
United States
yeah thats true people who harreses in that game every one things its funny. i used to do that untill gms came and warned me.
 

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
1,001
Trophies
0
Location
Jewgoslavia
Website
Visit site
XP
318
Country
United States
ScipioAfricanus said:
does the thing with MMOs, you could spend a good part of 2 years of your life which you will never get back playing the damn thing, then an update comes your character gets nerfed your build is now useless.

can't say i have tried maple story, dont think i made this clear in my first post. It just doesn't appeal to me, i actaully say an ad for it once telling people not to got to school and play maplestory, now thats just not right.
 

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
1,775
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Illinois
Website
youtube.com
XP
490
Country
United States
shajal said:
yeah thats true people who harreses in that game every one things its funny. i used to do that untill gms came and warned me.
I had lvl 53 Cleric and like lvl 54 Sin. Then realized how I was wasting my time. I played MapleSEA btw. Alot better than Global.
 

Trolly

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
1,716
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Behind you! I know you looked!
Website
Visit site
XP
207
Country
Aha, I heard about this off a friend a couple of years ago. I played for like a week and got to level 9. When it seemed to be taking forever to get to level 10, and it just seemed like pointless monster-mashing, I gave up.
Same happened with the game Silk Road for me, if anyone's heard of it. Another pointless monster-mashing game by the Koreans, though in 3D.
I also got Guild Wars and got bored of that pretty quickly, though I can't say the same for my friend. He's been playing it for 3 years practically non-stop, and about a month ago he won something for the first time, and his Guild was top ranking in the world. What a loser, lmao.

I guess I just don't like online games, they all tend to be games with no storyline where you mash things up. Obviously, I've heard WoW is good, but the subscription fees totally put me off.
 

shajal

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
87
Trophies
0
XP
36
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Aha, I heard about this off a friend a couple of years ago. I played for like a week and got to level 9. When it seemed to be taking forever to get to level 10, and it just seemed like pointless monster-mashing, I gave up.
Same happened with the game Silk Road for me, if anyone's heard of it. Another pointless monster-mashing game by the Koreans, though in 3D.
I also got Guild Wars and got bored of that pretty quickly, though I can't say the same for my friend. He's been playing it for 3 years practically non-stop, and about a month ago he won something for the first time, and his Guild was top ranking in the world. What a loser, lmao.

I guess I just don't like online games, they all tend to be games with no storyline where you mash things up. Obviously, I've heard WoW is good, but the subscription fees totally put me off.



pretty much i did the same thing. except never played guild wars it sucks a lot. although maple is fun when u hack it.. i used to lov doing that
 

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
1,031
Trophies
0
Age
27
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
204
Country
United States
I play MapleStory, but not a lot. Every update seems to suck the life out of your computer. It used to run on a 256 MB RAM computer and now it barely gets anywhere. I'm level 45, but I haven't played in a while because I haven't seen any reason to. That's about it for me. Maybe I'll play a bit on the summer because my friends get on more, so I can do some fun crazy stuff with them that I can't do on an instant messenger.
 

Sn4k3X

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
57
Trophies
0
XP
77
Country
Netherlands
used to play it
like 3 days
tongue.gif

but i didn't like it...
 

CorruptJon

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 14, 2006
Messages
780
Trophies
0
Location
USA
XP
266
Country
United States
My cousin gave me his level 60 something ice wizard to end his addiction but I've never really played more than 2 hours.
 

shajal

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
87
Trophies
0
XP
36
Country
United States
lol i dont think it is fun as it was before. did any one ever heard of private servers?
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/ltWf3A8