Question Hey guys, can you people help me out with layeredfs (or whatever it is that im doing wrong)

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Bedant, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Bedant
    OP

Bedant Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    India
    So i setup layeredfs and the games i download and extracted all worked, the problem is i tried skyrim, it worked with the donor its supposed to but once i exit out of helen i cannot save or practically do anything anymore considering when i tried to enter a house it crashed with the same notification of when i tried to save and it crashed.

PS: i CAN save before i exit helen (in the execution place/caves and all) but once i exit helen i cant anymore.

I was kinda confused as to where to post it tho.

Last edited by Bedant, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Joef112

Joef112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Antarctica
    I've been having this issue too. Currently a level 31 elf but can not save without a crash. I assume it's corrupt save data as I can make saves with other switch profiles

3. Bargy

Bargy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hey, at least you got something to work - I’m on 4.1.0, followed all the guides and was unable to get any to work with 2 donors and have given up at this point.

4. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Chary, Jul 17, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jul 17, 2018
  5. Priyam

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    Everybody has their own reasons, so no I won't call you cheap or anything for not spending 30$ but layeredfs is hell lot of work and is simply not worth doing. Better wait for a community backup loader or ReiNx which will be releasing soon

Last edited by Priyam, Jul 17, 2018
    NoNAND, blueoval24 and Bargy like this.
  6. Joef112

Joef112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Antarctica
    What games have you tried? I found pinball fx3 has the best success rate for me

7. Bargy

Bargy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I used Mario Kart 8 with a few titles confirmed as working on 5.1.0 (not many 4.1.0 confirmed as working, which is probably my problem), but all give a “software error occurred” message and they close. Tried both older and new LayeredFS as well. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted