Gaming hey guys about the Save data transfer tool..!?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I had traded my 3DS XL with my Friends Mario 3d bundle edition, and when we did system transfer he got his mario game on the XL i gave him he used his 2gb SD and i took my 4gb SD put it in the original 3DS and i didnt take his 2gbSD card from him because of his save files. so now i told him i want ur mario lets us Save Data transfer tool so i can have his 2gbSD with mario on it and still have our saves how can we do that please someone help ! i already downloaded the Savedatatransfer tool. he needs to download it on his XL now too yah? and we need only one SDHC plus a memory yah thats all c: ?!

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo's save data transfer tool only let's you transfer the save data from a cartridge to the eShop version of that game, nothing more. Just like the description in the eShop said.
Wouldn't have been Nintendo if they wouldn't have created a nearly useless tool with a promising name.
But you can copy the save data from one SD card to another manually.

Edit: Oh and btw, this is the wrong forum section for this. Tutorials & FAQs is for posting these, not asking stuff.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
und wie mache ich das bitte ? manually transfering Save data from game to another SD card ? wie geht das den

Sorry fuers Double Posting, anyway right now i try FireEmblem Awakening without the SD card insterted and the save file is still there.. if i use my friends SD card now would my save still be the same ?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Games played from are cartridge save their save data on tha cartridge, not the SD card. The only saves stored on the SD card are the saves of Virtual Console titles and other eShop games (including download versions of cartridge games).
So if you play from a cartridge your save is always there, indepently of the SD card inserted into the 3DS.
Some games, like Fire Emblem: Awakening, store additional data like downloaded maps on the SD card.
You can simply transfer saves and other 3DS data from one SD card to another by copying the contents with a PC, there are no security measurements against this. But the data only works with the 3DS that created it.
Hoffe ich konnte helfen, feel free to ask if anything is unclear.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
And if i wanted to transfer a preinstalled game from my friend's 3ds ? its like this when we traded our 3ds*his was the 3ds mario land 3d bundle* he took out his SDcard and put it in my XL and we did system transfer and he got the mario game to the xl >>" that was unfair he said hed give me the game so if i want the game back on the original 3ds i have now from him which had the game preinstalled how do i get it back by keeping our save files !?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if it transfers save file when you use the System Transfer program, but I think it should. But I never used it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended