Hey everyone, need some help with my wii drive!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gacibula, Mar 12, 2008.

Mar 12, 2008
  1. gacibula
    OP

Newcomer gacibula Member

United States
    Hey everyone, first lemme say that I am new to these forums... was a fairly active member over on wiinewz... but if you saw what happened... everything was lost from their site [​IMG]

My problem is however... that after installing my switch... the wii will only play regular sized discs. Wen I put in a gamecube mini disc... it gets spit right back out. Gamecube backups on big discs work fine... its just these darned little discs.

Anyone know what I hit or messed up inside the wii. I'm pretty sure it's a weight or pressure sensor... any ideas where ??

2. gacibula
    OP

Newcomer gacibula Member

United States
    Bump

Even if you DON'T know HOW to fix it, if you could let me know WHAT needs to be fixed... that would be good. I know there has to be some sort of sensor problem... so if anyone is good with the insides of a wii and knows what is responsible for the detection of a disc (size seems to be the problem in this case), POST

This can't be a problem with the switch install... otherwise... it wulda happened to others too

3. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    What do Gamecube retails on the mini DVDs do?

4. gacibula
    OP

Newcomer gacibula Member

United States
    thats just it. The gamecube originals just get spit back out... gamecube backups on a regular sized disc work fine.

5. gacibula
    OP

Newcomer gacibula Member

United States
  6. kozuki7

Newcomer kozuki7 Newbie

Australia
    This is a blind guess, but...

The other day I dismantled my Wii, and I put it back together incorrectly - I put the white thing in the drive (that holds discs in place) in the wrong place!

That caused my Wii to spit out all discs. Maybe try dismantling and re-assembling your drive - if you're confident.