Hey Canada!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by VVoltz, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008

Hey Canada! by VVoltz at 5:14 PM (1,740 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Can Westside come out to play?, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? [​IMG]

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Canada is currently under construction.

Please come back later.

Thanks,

Canadian Staff

3. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Fuck Canada, I had enough of the horrible economy, bad gas prices, housing prices, and low wage. I rather go back to Uzbekistan. [​IMG] Sigh, Toronto really sux... [​IMG]

4. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    Dude!, I'm sorry to mention this forbidden word on the Testing Area but: Are you serious?!

5. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    hai mr canada

6. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Your mom is serious.

7. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    He's not joking.

The gas prices are really bad right now, and the cost of housing in Alberta or BC is pathetic... For the house I have in Ontario, it would cost 4x as much in the other provinces... but can't attest for the low wage, as where I work they start at $16 per hour, and that's for the lowest job.

8. scubersteve

scubersteve Newbie

low wage?!?!?!?!
    it's too high!
    Unless somewhere else in the world, people make more than $8CAD/hour with a minimum wage job...
    As for everything else, yeah, Canada kinda sucks.

9. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Canada's wage is good for the working class. However, my dad's Uzbek friend was an Engineer who made $150,000USD back home and here with earning a second degree from Waterloo he can't even make $80,000 a year when working with big ass companies.

10. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I live about 30 mins outside of Vancouver and 3 br "starter homes" are like $500k. god damn! And then the housing prices in Saskatoon of all places has risen just over 50% in the last year. And on top of that is is driving rent up so we're fucked. Unless I come into a ton of money I will be looking to possibly inherit property, till then I guess I will live in a shoebox [​IMG]

11. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This should get you going then. A buddy of mine works for Pepsi and has been there near 10 year. He drives the truck and delivers products to stores. $70k a year, I was floored when I heard that. Good union I suppose so that proves your point.

12. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Canada is the best. We have the best of every other country with none of the downfalls. The world loves us, so no one wants to attack us. We're not warmongers. We have the good healthcare, the medical advances. Our politicians... well they're still corrupt, but they're not nearly as corrupt as others. We legalize all the right things and treat people equally no matter what race or orientation they might be. We also have a stronger dollar than the US at the moment; so if I walk across the boarder to buy some goods I'm actually paying less than the people who live there. We're not wiretapping out citizens or trying to impose a draft. Like most countries we are cutting down trees, but we're replanting them just as quickly.

This is the best goddamn country in the world, you want the home of the free? This is the home of the free.

As for the work/wages, it all depends what part of the country you're in. My mom went to school and had to train for years to become a nurse. My best friend, who's 19, went out to Alberta and is picking up trash with a stick and he's making more than my mom annually now. It's all about location location location.

13. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Bah. I'm 22 years old and already making $95,000+ a year...

And that's in NL, one of the smallest provinces in Canada. In case you're wondering (and you probably aren't), I'm a supervisor in a call center. Go figure. One of the easiest jobs pays the most money. Ha.

14. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    [​IMG]

15. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
  16. Moots

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    95,000 for a call centre supervisor? I am gonna call bullshit on you.

I am Senior Operations( I run and maintain dialers, contact clients and bring them into the centre, buy equipment etc..) in my call centre, and I make 50K a year. My city is also swamped with call centres, 2 of them being some of the biggest/most sucessful in canada and I know most of the brass from most of the sites and none of them make 95k a year especially not a supervisor, and according to ICMI most supervisors make 15-17 an hour, some less with incentives, and of those on salary the small high earning percentage was at 45,000

The only supervisor I know making near 50k runs a program for visa black members.....I think its visa...these people have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of credit, they call in and ask for something tickets, limos, dinner reservations you name it the agents find it for them. They work on a small network independant from the rest of the centre, no paper on electronics, no pens. You go in with nothing and you get checked on the way out. And at 22 they will not stick you on this kind of campaign as they want tons of experience(5-7 years), and credibility as a supervisor (usually means you worked for multiple sucessful centres)

Note:If you had to google ICMI to find out what it is, you do not make salary at a call centre.

17. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    $8/hr is way too little.
    Government takes away freaking 20% of your income, and you pay 13% tax on EVERYTHING.
    So you're only making 5 practical dollars an hour.

Grocery store unloading guy makes more money than TAs. Drop out of school and buy a home fitness machine, it'll pay itself.

18. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    Hey Canada, do a better job entertaining Mr. Side he still has more posts than me!
    dont want to give him a Ho, Hadrian told me his/her/it schedule ws full for this year!

19. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    For some reason, I suddenly recalled a job offer that a company in Canada made me, a year or so back ... sorry, just random recollections lol