LemonX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hry all

Just wanted to say Im selling my PSP on ebay so I can import a black graphite DS. I had a DS at luanch and played a ton of mario 64, and zookeeper and thats about it. But now with Advance wars DS, Meteos, mario kart, pac and roll, pheonix wright, feel the magic 2, electroplankton, Ashe (!) , FF III remake, are all on my list of games I want to play ..... and as for the psp, its got NO GAME

NINTENDOES IT ! PSP Don't !

Also, what are the cool new apps for GBA flashcarts .... Can developers access the DS through the gba slot now ? I have a flashcart still .. any advice ?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Can developers access the DS through the gba slot now ? I have a flashcart still .. any advice ?

if you spend 5 minutes reading in the NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software section you will find answers to all your questions.

by the way i had
psp.gif
& like you i didnt like it much so i sold it & glad i did cuz i made a tiny profit on it but will never dare sell my
nds.gif
its the real deal
yaynds.gif

LemonX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(LemonX @ Dec 7 2005, 05:12 AM)
Can developers access the DS through the gba slot now ? I have a flashcart still .. any advice ?

if you spend 5 minutes reading in the NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software section you will find answers to all your questions.

You couldve just sed yes or no ....

clockworkvictim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why'd you sell your PSP... It takes time for good games to come out, look at the DS your getting.

Anyway, congrats DS does have a ton of good games out atm.

Smirre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think more and more people are finally thinking clear and realize PSP has absolutely no good games at the moment. DS however is rolling sweet gems to the markets at pretty good pace.

I have a PSP for emulation purposes but PSP's directional pad suck donkey balls!
blink.gif
It's just plain horrible. Now i'm sure GP2X would have been at least 100x better for emulation than PSP. SD cards are much cheaper too.. not to mention Gamepark encourages the use of emulators and stuff.
wub.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My PSP has been shoved in a drawer, in my desk, with the battery going dead for the past 3 months without ever even looking at it.

I bought the PSP for Lumines. ARGH...regrets...

Why can't there be any new game thats....uhh...good?

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(LemonX @ Dec 7 2005, 05:12 AM)
You couldve just sed yes or no ....

He could have, then again you could have spent the 5 minutes searching the forum before asking the question.

I think more and more people are finally thinking clear and realize PSP has absolutely no good games at the moment. DS however is rolling sweet gems to the markets at pretty good pace.

Yeah, the whole "selling DS for PSP/selling PSP for DS" will go in waves. When the PSP first came out, there were some good game at that moment while the DS really had nothing. So the people who couldn't wait for better games to come out sold their DS to buy a PSP. Now, with good games coming out on the DS and the PSP games in a bit of a slump, people who have no patience are selling their PSP for a DS. Then there are the people who save up and get both and don't have the problem of selling their system.
biggrin.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a PSP and a DS, I'd say ATM that my DS is getting over 75% of my gaming time between the two but I'm not going to get rid of my PSP anytime soon

The best games I own on my PSP are Lumines and GTA, I played Lumines to death and still love it, and I only just got GTA and it is god damn awesome.

I think that there will be some good RPG's coming out in the future for PSP and this is the main reason I will hang on to mine.
Plus sometimes its just nice to whip out your PSP when your away from home and get some 3D gaming action to satisfy my home console withdrawals.

Smirre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, the whole "selling DS for PSP/selling PSP for DS" will go in waves. When the PSP first came out, there were some good game at that moment while the DS really had nothing. So the people who couldn't wait for better games to come out sold their DS to buy a PSP. Now, with good games coming out on the DS and the PSP games in a bit of a slump, people who have no patience are selling their PSP for a DS. Then there are the people who save up and get both and don't have the problem of selling their system.
biggrin.gif

Umm I didn't meant to give opinion of this selling PSP/DS stuff.. i leave myself out of it as i don't like selling my consoles. and I own both DS and PSP also
wink2.gif

But at first when PSP was announced and it was hot and people bought it blindly like they do when something is announced. Remember Sony's marketing guys could sell Silver Sating Playstation dildos to every japanese homes for instance if they want to. Their marketing is so powerfull that it's not even funny.

Now however those PSP owners are starting to wonder if they get any good games on their expensive piece of technology. Very soon happens that PSP is not selling itself anymore out of stores with just nice dreams and Sony's promises of the future.

PSP is a gaming handheld so it needs those real games too! Games for it are pathetic at the moment. Maybe sports fanatics might like it but i can't stand any car/sports games. I'm really waiting for Tales of Eternia which seem to be the only good game (ok metal gear acid seems pretty good too)

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys do me a favor, put your handheld debates to rest for a second and welcome this guy to GBAtemp...
tongue.gif

Welcome to GBAtemp, follow the rules and don't feed the monster in the basement, last time he got loose and ate a bunch of new people...

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys do me a favor, put your handheld debates to rest for a second and welcome this guy to GBAtemp...
tongue.gif

Welcome to GBAtemp, follow the rules and don't feed the monster in the basement, last time he got loose and ate a bunch of new people...

Dude, he's been here since June 2004 and he first started posting back in November 2004, its not like he's new.
nyanya.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
My PSP has been shoved in a drawer, in my desk, with the battery going dead for the past 3 months without ever even looking at it.

I bought the PSP for Lumines. ARGH...regrets...

Puyo Puyo Fever 2 and... ok... not worth it.
And yes, the PSP version is a port of the non-existant arcade version, whereas the NDS verison is a port of the non-existant GBA version. PSP has 2 great puzzle games (Intelligent Licence doesn't count as great IMO), NDS has 2 with one slightly worse. Big fackin' differentce, niether is a powerfull system for puzzle games.

LemonX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to be on here with my gba and flashcart. But its been about a year as I gave sold my SP (but still have the cart). But I just wanted to say hi cuz im buying a DS and I havent seen this site in a while.

Should I buy Advance wars of Superstar Saga 2 ?

And I just want to say nintendogs is for girls .

AND WHERE THE F IS GAME AND WATCH GALLERY DS ????

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

I bought the PSP for Lumines. ARGH...regrets...

You know what's even funnier? The PS3 will have only MGS4, during about six months, then will come a pricedrop and a slew of good games along with rehashes of sports games and you'll still buy it because it's got "sony" slapped on it. Spend wisely next time you camp a first-day release...

Welcome back to the fold, LemonX!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doh, saw his post count, didn't see his join date...Â
wacko.gif

I take the "welcome" back then...
dry.gif

heyy! All the sillies are welcome here. This way they can avoid the irc ban and come on here and chat instead
gbasp.gif

Ya I have to agree, DS is more fun. I like the PSP because it is novelty, has pretty decent emulator support, etc... I'm still waiting for my 2gb pro duo to order.

For DS hmm I have to read up as well on how to use the latest hardware and such because I still want a blue one and you can't use the passme with that. I wonder if there's a new one out. But before I start being a troll on this thread
ph34r.gif
I'll check into that.

Right now I have the silver DS with supercard and 1GB Sandisk CF (best CF u can buy, why buy any other brand
grog.gif
) Not planning on buying any filthy flash cart kit for it ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: