Heroes V of Might and Magic

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Talaria, Apr 2, 2008.

Apr 2, 2008

Heroes V of Might and Magic by Talaria at 7:04 AM (840 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Talaria
    OP

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    Yes I know the game is 'bout 2 years old. But was wondering of what you guys thought of it.

Heroes of Might and Magic has been a great series of games which I have enjoyed over the years my highlight being the III game which was absolutely brillant, IV was alright but didn't realise til now another was released. Is it worthy enough?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I played and absolutely adored 2. It came as part of a collectors pack so I had heroes 1 and king's bounty as well.

3 a friend had and it was OK, I did not play it enough to appreciate some of subtleties though.
    4 I got at some point and it was quite nice, nowhere near 2 though.

5 I was not warned away from but decided to give a miss (I will probably grab it at some point in a few years time though)

Might and Magic series: I thought they were some of the best RPGs I have ever played although I did not play the last entry in the series. Had some of the gripes that most have but they were good and did a lot of things right.

I had Warriors of might and magic I think it was for the GBC, damn hard (even when I dug it up a few months ago)and it was an import game in Electronics Boutique (just thought I would mention import games in normal high street shops: it happened once).

I have yet to play any of the other spinoffs.

3. Wanted

Member Wanted GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    I have always liked the HOMM series and played a lot of the games and expansions over the years. I played and enjoyed HOMMV and the hammers of fate expansion. Never tried the latest tribes of the east one. It seems to be over quite quickly even though each mission can take ~5 hours to complete. IMO a great time waster and some of the cutscenes are actually quite funny. There were only 2 or 3 missions in each campain that actually needed some strategy to get passed for me and I don't consider myself an expert or anything. Some hardcore fans don't like HOMMV but personally I did as long as you aren't looking for a remake of III or something.

4. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    M&M 1,2,3 were a total blast.. atleat when I played them that order.. when 4th came it just sucked.. and when fifth installment came I wasn't impressed...
    third is the best in the series imo. and in the normal m&m series the seventh game is hands down the best.

5. Turmoil

Member Turmoil GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yep I think we were spoilt with III because even though 4/5 are great games (well compared to most of the crap that is there from other games) it just leaves you wishing it was as good as III. Still worth checking out though.