Heroes TV series anyone watch it ?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BoneMonkey, Aug 12, 2007.

Aug 12, 2007
  1. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    heroes the tv series was huge this year i skipped it though

anyway im thinking of checking out the series now anyone seen it ?

is it good ?

2. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's pretty good. For such a huge cast in different settings, it somehow finds enough time to feature everyone and give explanations for the plot. It would be comparable to Lost, which was also sensational last season.

3. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    YES! go watch it, it was so guuud i had to download it from the states coz i wanted to c the next ep so bad

4. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes it is very good

5. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    It's very good. Unlike most shows, it's episodic plot it extremely aggressive and the whole first season has many story lines going in real time (to each other) and works toward and end (of the season) with 8 different plots all colliding in a spectacular finish

6. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    its pretty good, i dont watch it much but ya, its pretty good

7. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Yep seen all of season 1, just waiting for season 2 to come out in September.

8. philco1

Member philco1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hero's is dragging on ... Its getting worse in my opinion ... Watch The Kill Point ... man that show is Ownage.

9. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    1. Heroes
    2. Heroes isn't airing new episodes until Sept.
    3. Don't randomly capitalize letters
    4. The Kill Point is a completly different show, with a very similiar plot structure.
    5. I need to find a more intelectual-based forum.

10. Legend

Member Legend .missing

Canada
    1. Congratulations on being able to prove you can spell. Have a gold star.

2. Yes, Heroes will be airing new episodes in September. However, this one merely earned you a silver star.

3. lEt pEoPlE RaNdoMly CApITALiZE letTerS As thEy pLeASe. This isn't the grammar rodeo. No star awarded.

4. Congratulations are in order here! You've figured out that two television programs with different titles are, in fact, different shows. Bronze star.

5. Please do. You've been a member here for little over a month, and to be quite honest - we don't need to tolerate this kind of shit. I'm sure that www.imahugedouchebag.net has plenty of room for the likes of you. Learn how to be courteous, or get the fuck out. K thx bai.

:edit:

5.1. Learn how to spell "intellectual", Mr.Smartypants.

11. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    1. I don't use memes and lazy shorthand in my posts, like most people seem to

2. You both fail to realize what he said, which was essentially "Heroes is getting worse," despite the fact that unless he elaborates and explains where he currently is in the series, that's impossible

3. "Ownage isn't a word, nor a proper noun. If this is how he writes, I do not want to know how manages to speak (if at all)

4. This is a discussion about Heroes. The only reason this person posted was to promote his opinions about a completely different show. The original poster never asked for it.

5. I do. I say "It's very good. Unlike most shows, it's episodic plot it extremely aggressive and the whole first season has many story lines going in real time (to each other) and works toward an end (of the season) with 8 different plots all colliding in a spectacular finish." The next person then says "its pretty good, i dont watch it much but ya, its pretty good." Wonderful.

5.1 Smarypants isn't a real word. Since you like to not think and point out things like this because you don't like me, I thought I would return the favor.

12. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    and i haven't had the time yet to look through the rest of your posts but what you do is try to take a dig at anyone you talk to. [​IMG]

edit: and to answer the original question about heroes i'm watching the entire thing again because i liked it so much. it was really gripping all the way through the series but the end of the series didn't live up to the rest of the show IMO. [​IMG]

13. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i thought we were talking about heroes lol

14. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] yeh we are it was good IMO.

15. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I watched Heroes in English when it came to USA last year.
    Now it's finally broadcasted in French TV, but that's so badly done, like always [​IMG]

First, there is an opening song :wtf:
    I don't know where they found it lol

Then, all the people have all the same accent, and speak all the same.
    Do you imagine Mohinder without his Indian accent ?
    And Ando-kun and Hiro-kun without their Japanese accent is laughable

The worst thing is the Japanese part, it's not dubbed so they have two different voices, one for japanese speaking, and one for French dubbing. That's so uggly.

French Dubbing is very bad, and that's for every movies.
    (sometime they even change the plot. in Lost, the French woman became German [​IMG] )

Except that, It's a great thing this show came to France to allow everyone to watch it.

Edit :
    to wait until September's season 2, there are some making of coming this month called "Heroes Unmasked".
    There are already 2 episodes.

16. Quantum

Member Quantum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The first few episodes are kind of bland and slow, but don't let that stop you. After a few episodes, it gets really good. And I mean really intense and awesome. Then comes the season finale, and although it could've been better, it was a good enough and satisfactory conclusion.

17. Zombie_Mario

Member Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Niki/Jessica Sanders doesn't really appeal to me. The rest of the characters are great in the series. It's just something about her that really turn me off.