Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Hyro-Sama, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth

Remember that show that aired on NBC in 2006 that was about people with powers but it didn't star any popular mutants like Wolverine or Cyclops? Y'know, Heroes? The show that had a decent opening season but became more contrived and nonsensical as the seasons went on and on. If you do and stuck with the show through its ups and downs, you'll remember that Heroes eventually got cancelled in 2010. To the dismay of many fans, it also ended on a cliffhanger. Welp, fear not pseudo X-men fans! Heroes has been reborn as Heroes. . . Reborn. NBC has decided to give the series another shot as a miniseries that will air in 2015.

From the article, it sounds like the miniseries will be taking place after the events on Season 4 and have an all new cast. I was big fan of Heroes during Season 1. I wish I would've dropped after that though. Unfortunately, I was one of the many suckers that thought Heroes would improve as time went on but was proven wrong over and over again. With that being said, I'm doubtful that I'll end up watching this miniseries. Maybe if it receives rave reviews post-release I'll consider giving it a glance but I'm not holding my breath.

:arrow:IGN

2. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    A miniseries could work out for the show. Heroes started out strong, but then the show became too fractured with too many concurrent storylines going on. In an episode, you'd get, like, 5 minutes for each storyline, so it took forever for anything to actually happen. If they actually narrow their focus, it could turn out half-way decent.

3. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Yatta!...? :unsure:

I watched the series from beginning to end. First season was good, and then afterwards, what the fuck. All the rejects from the show then moved onto Burn Notice though. :P

Satangel likes this.
  4. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Ooo they're actually reviving the wasted potential that was Heroes!
    Now to figure out what happened to the wasted potential that was Marvel Agents of Shield :unsure:
    You and me both brother.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    I know there's a lot of hate for this show but it is my all time favourite show and I literally got teary eyed when I heard about this earlier. Now the Helix tattoo on my wrist finally has meaning again!

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    And so our long national nightmare returns.

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I remember watching a few episodes when it first aired, but other than that I haven't seen most of it...I might have to find it and give it a go at some point, see how bad it is.

8. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    So is the original Heroes a series that is legitimately bad and really does get worse after season 1? The show gets so much hate but at the same time so many people were sad it didn't get renewed and are happy for this. It's very confusing to me.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Season 1 is generally regarded as pretty great. It went to shit during Season 2; people usually blame the writer's strike for this. I'm a little skeptical about that, however, considering the show only continued to get worse from there. Some people still held out thanks to a mix of deluded optimism and Stockholm Syndrome.

There's so much bitterness surrounding Heroes not because it was always bad, but because of how far it fell.

10. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey

I might just stick to watching Season 1 and not continue from there. I saw the first few episodes when I was younger but I can't exactly remember them.

11. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I thought this was meant to be an Xbone exclusive show? Sure I read that...
    I saw the original show up to season 3 I think then it got too crazy.