• Total voters

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hang on, does it have online multiplayer?
yes, it does. multiplayer modes are online and local, plus online supports VoIP, so i imagine when it comes out people will start looking for that 3DS Headset w/ Mic.

i imagine it would be awesome, being able to scream obscenities online. lololololol. make sure to add trusted friends though, i expect a lot of cursing will ensue (especially if the devs mess up on the loot system-- first grab loot system would make a lot of people rage).

BigBoss36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good, but I heard you can't customize the race or sex of your character. the vindicator is always a giant lion thing, and male, and the other classes are the same way, so that's kind of disappointing. But I'll wait till we get more info on it before deciding. After all it worked in borderlands, but you rarely see your character in that. And you do get some customization, but not race or sex.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Looks good, but I heard you can't customize the race or sex of your character. the vindicator is always a giant lion thing, and male, and the other classes are the same way, so that's kind of disappointing. But I'll wait till we get more info on it before deciding. After all it worked in borderlands, but you rarely see your character in that. And you do get some customization, but not race or sex.
Just like Diablo. and it wasn't an issue, was it? Assassins are only female only, so is the Sorceress. yet that didn't stop people from enjoying the game.

but yeah, i have to admit, a fully customizable character would have been so much win. maybe they could have gone like Elder Scrolls and made races independent of character classes, plus gender and alternate character model heads, maybe even adjustable height and size according to race (so you can make a fat lion or a scrawny girl character).

but there's no point in musing those now that these features are pretty much set in stone.

BigBoss36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like Diablo. and it wasn't an issue, was it? Assassins are only female only, so is the Sorceress. yet that didn't stop people from enjoying the game.

but yeah, i have to admit, a fully customizable character would have been so much win. maybe they could have gone like Elder Scrolls and made races independent of character classes, plus gender and alternate character model heads, maybe even adjustable height and size according to race (so you can make a fat lion or a scrawny girl character).

but there's no point in musing those now that these features are pretty much set in stone.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I never played diablo, and I've never really been a huge fan of top down games like this. I guess I've been spoiled by modern games letting you customize every part of your character. Diablo is pretty popular though and I've heard good things about it, so I wonder if this has any chance of being as good as that?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
umm... i prefer 3DS resolution pics. these new batches look great, but they're not exactly representative of how the game will look.

even better, logically
i do think they're gorgeous, and that one with the chic in forest? those leaves up front have depth of field, and if the game's gonna have that... well, let's not get carried away.

at the very least, whenever pics are shown, it should be stated if it's in-game or not, so as to not prematurely expect things to look like a promotional pic when the game comes out.

MavrickJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, heroes of ruin has a long single player story, i wooudl assume and the multiplayer would be more adventure, while kid icarus single player doesn't have much replay value i would guess, and the mutliplayer is a battle mode

They could both get repetative but with heroes of ruin you could play with 2 people, while kid icarus probably wouldnt be as fun with two people.

As an Action adventure with rpg elements, I'd say this might have more content and last you longer. Kid icarus, though it seems amazing, a lot of it seems like farming to get new weapons

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well, heroes of ruin has a long single player story, i wooudl assume and the multiplayer would be more adventure, while kid icarus single player doesn't have much replay value i would guess, and the mutliplayer is a battle mode

They could both get repetative but with heroes of ruin you could play with 2 people, while kid icarus probably wouldnt be as fun with two people.

As an Action adventure with rpg elements, I'd say this might have more content and last you longer. Kid icarus, though it seems amazing, a lot of it seems like farming to get new weapons
single player in kid icarus DOES have a lot replay value because of the fiend couldron thingy,its mostly used for farming good weapons for multiplayer though

MavrickJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

single player in kid icarus DOES have a lot replay value because of the fiend couldron thingy,its mostly used for farming good weapons for multiplayer though

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm more psyched about Kid Icarus than Heroes of Ruin, but I feel that Heroes of ruin will be more bang for your buck in gameplay hours. I mean Square Enix recently did Dungeon Siege 3, I'm assuming that they took a lot of what they learned from that (they didn't buy them out or anything, did they?) and created Heroes of Ruin, a sort of homage to Dungeon Siege. I personally loved dungeon siege 1, it was just good fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)