heroes of ruin hype! :D

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by RichardLaughter, Jan 14, 2012.

Jan 14, 2012
  1. RichardLaughter
    OP

Member RichardLaughter GBAtemp Regular

so, i was on ign mobile today and i saw a story on this upcoming rpg from square enix called heroes of ruin. after reading up about it and looking at screenshots, i was suprised by the lack of hype for this game. sadly im on my 3ds right now so i cant post a link, but its deffinatly worth looking up. :]

2. saberjoy

Member saberjoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    wait is it an mmo?? as in MASSIVELY multipler?

3. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I'm quite hyped for this game actually.

4. saberjoy

India
    just googled it, turns out its not an mmo, 4 players max but it does having sumthing called "traders network" which would include many players, i love square eenix and i would be getting this most probably( not if monster hunter 3g gets localised and released around the same time, then i would be broke because of re:re+mh3g=$$)

1 person likes this.
  5. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Not my first priority game as well, but it has promising features like game chat.

Personally I think it looks great. A little cartoon-like, but as long gameplay + story + controls is solid and decent graphics, I'm sold.

6. saberjoy

India
    i have never experienced game chat on a nintendo handheld ever before, it feels good that nintendo did not scrap the game chat just for the safety of toddlers

7. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've been following the game for months. I go on the Heroes of Ruin forums and one of the admins hinted towards a demo coming eventually (I would think before the game launches).

If you're hyped for the game check out the site. They have RuinCasts every once in a while that they talk about the game, and there's a ton of cool stuff to do on the site.

Also, I don't think you can do it anymore because it was a limited time thing, but you have an EXP bar on the site, and you fill it by posting and whatnot. If you filled it before a certain date, they promised exclusive HoR stuff for you (Didn't say what).

Hope some of you hyped people join the community, because it's pretty cool.

8. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    hope fully online play is going be good.

9. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  10. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    WOAH, do want!!
    Mainly for the multiplayer. My friend and I are looking for something to replace Dragon Quest IX. We beat that already.

11. FrozenIndignatio

Member FrozenIndignatio Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad

Australia
    That trailer alone almost killed off any interest I had for the game T_T

>_>; but I should probably hold judgement til it releases~

Features wise it seems interesting ^_^

12. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Can't view the video :/ but yeah been looking forward to this game. If it feels the dungeon crawling hack n' slash with classes and customizations it'll do well enough with it's online play. Then again i've seen some group screw up that basic formula :D

13. bart148

Member bart148 GBAtemp Regular

Some hybrid between Hyrule and Cerulean City
    United States
    It hasn't caught my eye. I'll wait for reviews or something

14. RichardLaughter
    OP

hi everyone, glad to see im not the only one excited for this :) anyway i apologize for not leaving details but as i said i was on my 3ds and typing on there is a real pain in the arse so yeah. but i come baring goodies to make up for it :) i found some 3d screenshots, just be sure to get on your 3ds and click the link.

http://www.3ds-screenshot.com/gallery-heroes-of-ruin.html

ps. i so cannot wait to do co-op :D

15. saberjoy

India
    the 3d effect is good, a lot of depth

16. RichardLaughter
    OP

lol i know right :) when i first saw them i was like " woah" :D

17. saberjoy

India
    even though the graphics are not as good as i now expect(look at mh3g) i failed to notice any jagged edges in the 3d screenshots which means that this might be one of the few games which actually look better in 3d

18. RichardLaughter
    OP

well from what one of the developers said on the official site, the 3D effect will have a huge impact on both combat and the environment. you can probably speculate how the 3d effect will help out in game, but i cant wait for the developers to show us how they're gonna use it. :)

19. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    maybe they'll develop a zoom in zoom out feature ala Soma Bringer? that helps a ton in conjunction with a minimap, especially if you're a ranged character. also, i like Soma Bringer's auto zoom in when you're meleeing something if you have the camera zoomed out by default. it keeps you focused on your target.

also, to those thinking it's not as snazzy, think of this as Torchlight on the PC, except it's on the 3DS.

20. Zerosuit connor

Member Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Australia
    You can play up to 4 players randomly found on Nintendo Wifi, or your friends trhough wifi, or local.

Story And Environment Trailer!
    [yt]HB1rcZOMHHs[/yt]

Heroes of Ruin, a brand new adventure featuring four unlikely heroes brought together to form a fearsome alliance.
    Heroes of Ruin uses StreetPass to create an inventive in-game Traders Network where players can buy and sell rare and powerful items picked up in battle. With an ever-changing inventory updated from each player passed in public, character strengths and abilities can be greatly enhanced through accessing items from other players’ games. Outside of the game, Heroes of Ruin makes use of SpotPass to reward players with rare one-off items or unique challenges through local wi-fi hotspots. The official Heroes of Ruin community website will reward players further with daily challenges and quests available to complete in-game. With social media functionality, the site will also give players a platform to meet other gamers, swap ideas and items and team-up in-game.
    Heroes of Ruin challenges players to carve their own adventure, joining forces with other heroes through seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer or venturing forth alone. Players will enter an ever-changing world where danger waits around every corner. Heroes can explore and fight through wild, varied and dynamic environments, discovering new layouts and routes each time they play. Packed with strange and deadly creatures, these dangerous lands will stretch players’ combat and tactical skills as they enhance their character, collecting loot, weapons and armour to empower them on their quest.