OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
To coincide with this new patch we have also announced the beginning of our Open Beta. On Wednesday, March 31 @ 4:00 PM PST (-8 GST) we will begin accepting beta registration which require no key. When Open Beta begins the pre purchase incentives of the Golden Shield, Golden Name, and Taunting (SMACKDOWN!) will no longer be given to accounts. I'd like to take this opportunity to give you guys an FAQ about what is happening. I hope this covers many of your questions.

Source: An email I got

Though, a lot of people already have invites because they sure did hand quite a few out.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I wanted to get one, but I couldn't find anyone who had invites
sad.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I just got a closed beta key like 3 days ago -.-
LOL. i've had my beta account for a while, and just haven't decided to play the game yet.
i should consider buying the game... but maybe if i get better at DotA first.

QUOTE(.Darky @ Mar 30 2010, 11:18 PM) Oh, look. It's DotA with better graphics.
I've heard people say DotA is better than HoN. Maybe it's personal opinion, but overall, I don't see a difference except for graphics.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's many ways where you can compare DoTA to HoN. They're both based on the same concept but they do have their differences in game play.

HoN collaborates with the creators of DoTA and ports characters from DoTA to HoN but not completely. HoN will have a bit of their own twist since there wouldn't be a point in playing exactly the same game. HoN, in my opinion, is much more organized which is good in my eyes. It is a company taking care of HoN after all.

The big turn off for DoTA was the community. Its a bunch of 13 year olds that talk trash and think they're great for beating someone that was quite new to the scene. HoN on the other hand, is much better since they have people willing to help out. You'll always find those people who trash talk but its much better in HoN. Plus, they have rooms where it allows people under a certain level, skill wise, to play with one another which is another big plus in my books.

Basically, I like HoN much better than DoTA in terms of everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night