Heroes of Newerth Open Beta on March 31st

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by TheWingless, Mar 30, 2010.

1. TheWingless
    OP

TheWingless Wafuu~

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Source: An email I got

Though, a lot of people already have invites because they sure did hand quite a few out.

2. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I just got a closed beta key like 3 days ago -.-

3. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Nice! I wanted to get one, but I couldn't find anyone who had invites [​IMG]

4. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    I haven't played in a while. I should get back into play HoN when my semester is done.

5. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    Oh, look. It's DotA with better graphics.

6. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    I've heard people say DotA is better than HoN. Maybe it's personal opinion, but overall, I don't see a difference except for graphics.

7. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    There's many ways where you can compare DoTA to HoN. They're both based on the same concept but they do have their differences in game play.

HoN collaborates with the creators of DoTA and ports characters from DoTA to HoN but not completely. HoN will have a bit of their own twist since there wouldn't be a point in playing exactly the same game. HoN, in my opinion, is much more organized which is good in my eyes. It is a company taking care of HoN after all.

The big turn off for DoTA was the community. Its a bunch of 13 year olds that talk trash and think they're great for beating someone that was quite new to the scene. HoN on the other hand, is much better since they have people willing to help out. You'll always find those people who trash talk but its much better in HoN. Plus, they have rooms where it allows people under a certain level, skill wise, to play with one another which is another big plus in my books.

Basically, I like HoN much better than DoTA in terms of everything.

8. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States