Hacking Hermes cIOS Installer Source Code

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know where I can obtain the source code for Hermes cIOS222 Installer v4?

I am interested in attempting to mod the installer to use IOS58 as a base WAD, with the hopeful intentions of getting Your Shape to work with the USB Loader.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Or does anyone know how to merge IOS's, such that IOS58 could be merged with a cIOS (like cIOS222 or cIOS249 rev15)?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the source is in the zip that comes with his loader.

it also depends on what part of 58 the game exactly requires. when you merge 37 and 38, you really install all of 37 except 1 patched section of 38. so if you use 58 as a base with the current code, it will install all of 58 and switch one section for the patched one from 38.

also, as far as the rest of the IOS, you cannot just change a '"36" to a "58" in the installer. if you do, and it works like you want it to, it will be a miracle. there is a switch in there where patches are adjusted for each base IOS that he lets you pick. you should probably look at what is being patched in each IOS in a hex editor / disassembler. then match that up with the equivalent section in the IOS that you wish to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you