Hermes cIOS dumper?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiUBricker, Jan 8, 2010.

Jan 8, 2010

Hermes cIOS dumper? by WiiUBricker at 2:14 PM (1,484 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Since Waninkokos IOS249 and IOS250 have some bugs and problems dumping dual layer games (ok, actualy only rev14 but who knows), Im wondering if there is a disc dumper avaible that uses Hermes cIOS 222/223 to dump games. SuperDump is the best Dumper in my opinion but is uses only Waninkokos cIOS. I know I could dump using hermes uLoader but I've just formated my HDD to NTFS an put all my games in it. As far as I know uLoader cannot dump to a NTFS partition but only to a WBFS one, which means the only chance to get a disc dump dumped by hermes cIOS is to use uLoader with a WBFS formated HDD, right?

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Configurable USB loader?

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    I dont know very much about the CFG loader. So tell me, is it possible with this loader to dump directly to a NTFS partition using hermes cIOS?

4. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    No loader can dump to NTFS due to incomplete libntfs.

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Thanks, thats the answer I was looking for.

That means I have to use Wanis cIOS to dump my SSBB and MPT. Which cIOS do you prefer? I heard cIOSrev7 makes the best 1:1 dumps, is that true?

6. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    or you can just get the IOS222 installer i posted around here. it lets you install hermes IOS to many different locations. just install that IOS to 249 and try whatever disc dumper you want. it probably wont work out too well for usb loading as the 2 IOSes handle the usb shit differently so a loader will not know to treat it like hermes' IOS. but i don't see why dumping a game with it wouldn't work.

7. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Superdump doesn't rely exclusively on wanky's cIOS. It searches through a list of IOSes until it finds one that has been patched to read the entire wii disc. This is the search order:
    250, 249, 202, 222, 232, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 28, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 43, 45, 46, 52, 53, 55, 56, 57, 60, 61
    Dumping with hermes IOS probably won't work, since it doesn't patch the dip module permanently (at least last I checked).

8. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Thanks both for your explanations [​IMG]