Hacking Hermes CIOs 22 and USB Laoder GX black screen

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install CIOS222 and then go to usb loader gx and set the the global IOS to CIOS 222 I get a black screen. Everybody else can get this to work. I installed the V4 of Hermes CIOS!! Are there prerequisites to installing the CIOS. Also I may not have installed it right. Can somebody please give me a step by step on what options to pick on the install.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked a guide I installed everything properly,. It still freezes. Maybe my Wii does not like CIOS 222 or 223. How can I fix this?? Should I do IOS downgraer b4 the install. OR WHAT!!!!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should reinstall and make sure that there are no gamecube memcards/controllers plugged in.

when using 222 in gx, set it globally, not just for the game you're using it for. it has better compatibility than 249 so there should not be an issue there. just make sure to set your global 002fix to ANTI (and delete your gxgamesettings.cfg file from the config folder on your SD/USB to make sure the settings apply correctly globally)

When changing your global boot, you have to restart the loader after making the change in order for it to take effect.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I deleted IOS 222 and 223 and tried again and still no luck!!! Is there a way I can check if the install went properly?? I went on DOP IOS by Marcan and It said IOS 22 and 223 Piracy Stub useless. But I update to 4.2 Waninkoko. PLEASE HELP ME!!! DO I need to downgrade IOS?? PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded my IOS and then installed and it didn't work. Whenever I try to use CIOS 222 or 223 my Wii disc light will flash blue and I will always see a black screen.

duveldg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Download de EHCModule.elf en put this in the USB Loader GX folder on your SD Card. This did the job for me. For some reason the standard EHCModule in CIOS 222 did not work with my Harddisk. Now with the file in folder everything works like a charm including Guitar Hero 5.

CIOS 249 Rev 14
CIOS 222 IOS38 merged with IOS37
CIOS 223 IOS38 merged with IOS60

System 4.2E

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game does not freeze when loaded, whenevre I set th eglobal CIOS to 222 and restart the Loader. I cannot see the USBLOADER GX stuff, all I see is a black screen and flashing wii disc light. When I do set IOS 222 for the game, when it loads I get a black screen and flashing disc slot. I do have block IOS reload on when using 222 on a game.

I tried using the ECHModule.elf from Ulosder 3.0 B and it did not wotk, I still got a black screen and flashing Wii Disc slot.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that like ten times!! No luck. SOmebody hopefully duvedlg will give me a link to that EHCmodule.elf that fixed this problem 4 him.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i googled ehcmodule.elf and i didnt find much only 1 download link and its broken

EDIT: but then again google does change pretty i googled something once and then i google it 30min later and i got completly different results

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
i googled ehcmodule.elf and i didnt find much only 1 download link and its broken

EDIT: but then again google does change pretty i googled something once and then i google it 30min later and i got completly different results
You should probably check the ULoader archive you got the installer from.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded uLoader 3.0B and found the EHCmodule.elf, I put it in the USB Loader GX folder and I still got a black screen on startup with global IOS as 222

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please help me!! I want to load Metroid Prime 3 from the trilogy but with 249 I get an error has occurred. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the latest revision like 792 or something!!! Also I did delete my gxglobal.cfg and gamesettings.cfg!! I think I might need the EHCmodule.elf. Can u please help me find one that will make these CIOS work on my Wii.

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had a softmodded 3.4 Wii which worked perfectly fine. Updated to 4.2 (stupid, I know, long story
smile.gif
) and softmodded again => black screens

Thanks to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=162...p;#entry2066628 I found the problem, it's my usb-disk, because it works great with a usb-stick
frown.gif

Apparently the newer ©IOSes are compatible with less devices or something
frown.gif

Mplayer-ce has a tool for testing your usb-device:
http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/USB%20Test.rar
I'm going to test my disk with this and see what it says...

You can find the ehcmodule.elf here also: http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/svn-histo...a/ehcmodule.elf
But apparently it doesn't solve the problem?

ashman01

Trophies
XP
Country
Download pimpmywii program and get it to test and fix/update all ur ios files for you so you know none are broken. I had massive problems playing alot of backups but this fixed them all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all