Not open for further replies.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the downgrade check homebrew (even though I never have downgraded) to check out my installed system titles, and I came across something called "NGWord bad word list CFA". I never had realized that the 3ds warns you about using swear words and in some cases flat-out blocks you from using them - probably because I'm normal and have no reason for using swears on my 3ds! But nonetheless, I tried swearing at some fellow street-passers and sure enough, blocked! But it's a pretty simple fix, however, this was only tested on an OLD 3DS XL, and it could be/probably is different from the New 3DS, so find out the title ID using the downgrade check homebrew, then open the title_log using notepad++ and press CTRL+F, and search for the name I told you earlier. Anyway, all you must do is run the NAND you want to patch this in, and launch FBI. Switch the destination to NAND and change the mode to delete title. Now search for the following title ID: 000400db00010302. Delete it. Congratulations, you are now completely free to swear all you desire!

TIP: It's found in the N/A section.

BE WARNED!!! Who's to say I'm not LYING and trying to get you to uninstall something important? Well I'm not. But I could be! Be careful what you uninstall from your NAND! Make a backup! Hell, download what you're deleting from the CDN using 3DNUS (title ID: 000400db00010302, version 08192 for OLD 3DS XL).

EDIT: It seems that some titles require this list to launch or run properly, like Tomodachi
life. Before doing this, you should grab a backup from the CDN using 3DNUS (thanks AnalogMan!).

Happy swearing,
Logan Pockrus

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the downgrade check homebrew (even though I never have downgraded) to check out my installed system titles, and I came across something called "NGWord bad word list CFA". I never had realized that the 3ds warns you about using swear words and in some cases flat-out blocks you from using them - probably because I'm normal and have no reason for using swears on my 3ds! But nonetheless, I tried swearing at some fellow street-passers and sure enough, blocked! But it's a pretty simple fix, however, this was only tested on an OLD 3DS XL, and it could be/probably is different from the New 3DS, so find out the title ID using the downgrade check homebrew, then open the title_log using notepad++ and press CTRL+F, and search for the name I told you earlier. Anyway, all you must do is run the NAND you want to patch this in, and launch FBI. Switch the destination to NAND and change the mode to delete title. Now search for the following title ID: 000400db00010302. Delete it. Congratulations, you are now completely free to swear all you desire!

BE WARNED!!! Who's to say I'm not LYING and trying to get you to uninstall something important? Well I'm not. But I could be! Be careful what you uninstall from your NAND! Make a backup! Hell, download what you're deleting from the CDN using 3DNUS (title ID: 000400db00010302, version 08192 for OLD 3DS XL).

Happy swearing,
Logan Pockrus
Can you still access the eShop after deleting this title?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you still access the eShop after deleting this title?
If you do this in a 10.6 NAND environment (like a 10.6 emuNAND) then yes! Otherwise, no (because you need to be on the latest firmware version, obviously).

Really, when you delete this particular thing from your NAND, absolutely nothing noticeable happens at first. All this is is a list of swear words that, when entered, the 3ds says "Hey man, you can't say that!" so when deleted you're free to speak freely as that list is now gone.

But, the particular title ID I gave is for the OLD 3DS XL (Region = U), so take that as you will (if you're not using that model or region I recommend you use downgrade_check to create a list of your installed titles, then press CTRL+F in the created "title_log" and search - no quotation marks - "NGWord bad word list CFA").

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Codename

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, some research shows it breaks certain games that need to load that title, like Tomodachi Life. There's an altered version of the Title floating around but it's not complied properly and will block access to System Updates and eShop but allow games that rely on it to run: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...estubbed_ngword_blacklistfor_tomodachi_life/?
Oh, okay. I did some testing before starting this thread, and everything seemed okay. But, things like this are (part of) the reason I issued that warning in the OP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Awesome, some research shows it breaks certain games that need to load that title, like Tomodachi Life. There's an altered version of the Title floating around but it's not complied properly and will block access to System Updates and eShop but allow games that rely on it to run: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...estubbed_ngword_blacklistfor_tomodachi_life/?
I also made an edit in the OP just now warning that this breaks some titles. But if you have a backup you could just re-install it, and problem solved!

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What about this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.9 KB · Views: 1,178

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No one understands Nintenfolk and their dev units...
But really, I think using that option you can use an inappropriate name by the looks of it. But I know nothing of dev units.
I ended up installing the CIA from the reddit post and all is good.....until I tried to import my mii named cunt face and.... Tomodachi life crashed and the system restarted lol I also made a QR code that installs onto a 3ds without the swearing uncensored

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India

EDIT: It seems that some titles require this list to launch or run properly, like Tomodachi
life. Before doing this, you should grab a backup from the CDN using 3DNUS (thanks AnalogMan!).

Happy swearing,
Logan Pockrus
Write AsshoIe instead of Asshole
And BlTCH instead of Bitch.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about replacing the title with an empty word list instead of removing it entirely? Maybe that'd prevent certain games from crashing?
That's what the post in my link does, but we're having trouble re-compiling system CIAs with our current tools. Our tools try rebuilding with ExeFS and ExHeader but this system CIA has neither. The result is it breaks system updates and eShop access.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just do what I do:

Use the Foreign Language letters to curse instead. They don't check that.

DONE and with no potential NAND damage or bricking....

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's what the post in my link does, but we're having trouble re-compiling system CIAs with our current tools. Our tools try rebuilding with ExeFS and ExHeader but this system CIA has neither. The result is it breaks system updates and eShop access.

I've managed to do this a few months ago (although I was after unlocking the official save backup feature, which is in another cia, it also applies to NGWord and NZ network list): https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-recompile-a-cia-of-a-system-data-archive.413366/

Good luck!!

kwien37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome, some research shows it breaks certain games that need to load that title, like Tomodachi Life. There's an altered version of the Title floating around but it's not complied properly and will block access to System Updates and eShop but allow games that rely on it to run:
Sorry for the necro but does anyone still have the nullified ngword cia? The link in the reddit post is dead

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey